LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

2 hours ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I don't listen to Zoe Ball regularly does she mention Glastonbury to virtually every music act she has on?

If not, then most likely Harry Styles is booked as a non secret set.

He is likely the missing other headliner against Paul McCartney if Megan the Stallion and Doja Cat are on the Pyramid 

That other headliner might be nutini as I heard he's definitely playing. 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

The popularity / acclaim of Nutini has genuinely passed me by over the years.  Not to start an "is he big enough" conversation, but without the conversations here if someone had said to me about him playing I'd have assumed low on the Other. Shows what I know.

2 hours ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I don't listen to Zoe Ball regularly does she mention Glastonbury to virtually every music act she has on?

If not, then most likely Harry Styles is booked as a non secret set.

He is likely the missing other headliner against Paul McCartney if Megan the Stallion and Doja Cat are on the Pyramid 

That's a good shout actually - would fit in with wanting someone big and mainstream in that slot like Dua Lipa was rumoured to be last time. 

Good to see them making an effort with Other headliners vs the massive Pyramid acts, Tame Impala vs Stormzy was great last time especially for those of us who don't want to see the main headliner. I remember 2015 when I didn't want to watch Kanye Deadmau5 was hilariously quiet when we went past

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

The popularity / acclaim of Nutini has genuinely passed me by over the years.  Not to start an "is he big enough" conversation, but without the conversations here if someone had said to me about him playing I'd have assumed low on the Other. Shows what I know.

Some contradictory stuff this year  with his placings- headlining Victorious above Bastille, who I'd swear are more popular nowadays, and then playing 3rd down at Liam Gallagher at Knebworth under Kasabian. 

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Considering he's 3rd down to Liam Gallagher and tom-less Kasabian at Knebworth, would it be fair to rule him out of other headline?

In fairness the knebworth shows are pretty stacked, but surely he'd really struggle against macca

Edited by gfa

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

Doesn't seem like the alternative McCartney we were expecting. If the info is he's playing Saturday, and we know there's an Aerosmith sized hole to fill, reckon he fits in there 4th down? 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

That's a good shout actually - would fit in with wanting someone big and mainstream in that slot like Dua Lipa was rumoured to be last time. 

Good to see them making an effort with Other headliners vs the massive Pyramid acts, Tame Impala vs Stormzy was great last time especially for those of us who don't want to see the main headliner. I remember 2015 when I didn't want to watch Kanye Deadmau5 was hilariously quiet when we went past

Quiet as a mou5?

I'll get my coat...

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I seriously doubt he'll headline it. Won't be low but could easily slot in the middle/3rd down or something. He's playing 3rd down supporting Liam Gallagher, the same as Michael Kiwanuka (Paolo Fri, Kiwanuka Sat), for reference. And that's with Kasabian 2nd - even they would be questioned as an Other headliner without Tom. 

He’s obviously bigger up here but he’s sold out his TRNSMT day very quickly and every year seems to be the most requested headliner. It’s harder to judge when he’s disappeared for almost a decade but once he releases new music I don’t see any reason why he’ll drop down much from where he was in 2014. I think he’d draw a decent crowd as an Other sub again this year, albeit that might run into Macca’s set if he plays longer than a usual Pyramid headliner, but as others have said he doesn’t make much sense as a Saturday night alternative to Macca. Other than Lorde, and even then I think she’d pull an even smaller crowd, I’m not sure who does make sense as the Saturday Other headliner though. 

Edited by kingcrawler

32 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Back to the discussion … far too much bikering and unpleasantness today … and believe me I know … 93 days and we are in those beautiful fields once more … let’s try and enjoy the build up 

Bags a ticket and turns up to the farm 10 days late. You couldn't write it 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Doesn't seem like the alternative McCartney we were expecting. If the info is he's playing Saturday, and we know there's an Aerosmith sized hole to fill, reckon he fits in there 4th down? 

I think there has been some talk that Megan The Stallion has that slot. Just a rumour though IIRC.

33 minutes ago, Quark said:

He’s plenty big yeah.it’s interesirng because since caustic love (which I personally disliked but was a big record) his star has obviously waited due to the hiatus , but that absence has also made his potential appearance a bigger deal.

taking those two contradictory facts together, I think he’s a huge name who will get a huge crowd, but isn’t relevant enough to be an Other Stage headliner

25 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Nutini, as for any guitar act, going up against McCartney would be suicide.

Do we have much evidence that they avoid this kind of thing tho? Like I know it makes sense, but I thought the forum had come to some kind of conclusion pre-2020 that they don’t really seem to care about clashes. 

29 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Nutini, as for any guitar act, going up against McCartney would be suicide.

McCartney will obv get a huge crowd but think there’s plenty people to go round and Nutini would be fine. 

Lot of youngsters at glasto some of which won’t be fussed my maca. If I had a ticket I’d be at nutini every day of the week, I couldn’t care less about macca even if he is a beatle. 

5 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Paolo Nutini’s three albums were released 16, 13 and 8 years ago, with the most recent one being the worst selling. What youngsters are turning up to see Paolo Nutini?

You know, those 35 year old youngsters. 8 years older than Macca was when the Beatles broke up.