LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

31 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

@Matt42   getting a raw deal here, if this was any other poster talking about any other act in the context of that Zoe question and response there wouldn’t be an issue. 

edit : Harry is shite tho and would be a shite surprise announcement.

Yeah would agree with that. I'm not a fan of Harry so don't look in that thread, I saw it was hot and assumed the chit chat was about his new single. I think it's fair for info to be shared across a variety of threads if it's relevant 

43 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

@Matt42   getting a raw deal here, if this was any other poster talking about any other act in the context of that Zoe question and response there wouldn’t be an issue. 

Agree with this.  Actually find the constant sniping at @Matt42 way more tedious than anything he posts.  He didn’t even post that much about it 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 9

41 minutes ago, Mardy said:

If nothing else, it means the return of the best goddam drummer in the world back to Pilton (Sarah Jones, last seen absolutely killing it with Hot Chip at WH in 2015)

She’s brilliant. Hot Chip aren’t the same without her.

8 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

She’s brilliant. Hot Chip aren’t the same without her.

Yeah, absolutely agree with that. Can't really blame her for moving to Harry Styles band though

Getting pretty f****g tired of sifting through matt42 backlash on all these threads. Brings the vibe down. Im here to get hyped about the greatest place on earth, not hear the same people making the same point about someones personality/delivery repeatedly. Bore off! 

2 minutes ago, TheGChild said:

Getting pretty f****g tired of sifting through matt42 backlash on all these threads. Brings the vibe down. Im here to get hyped about the greatest place on earth, not hear the same people making the same point about someones personality/delivery repeatedly. Bore off! 

Thanks for sharing your opinion but Matt has made literally hundreds of posts in this thread, so people might comment on some of them.  Kindly take off your fan goggles. 

33 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Agree with this.  Actually find the constant sniping at @Matt42 way more tedious than anything he posts.  He didn’t even post that much about it 🤷‍♂️

Agree. I've read all from both threads. Nothing annoying at all to me.

If Harry was to play, can see him in a similar slot to Katy Perry. Everyone was saying then that she's one of the biggest artists in the world and wouldn't play that low...

And as for not being a Glasto booking, have to disagree. Would be v popular with a lot, and come across great on tv.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

A thread being railroaded by the request for it not to be railroaded by something else is quintessentially efests.

Similar to other such wormholes as 'are Foals big enough to headline?' and 'why don't they have an act on the Pyramid Thursday evening?'

6 minutes ago, TheGChild said:

I’m now f****g tired of sifting through all the talk about the matt42 backlash. Even when he’s not posting (a rare occurrence) he’s still the centre of attention 

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

I’m now f****g tired of sifting through all the talk about the matt42 backlash. Even when he’s not posting (a rare occurrence) he’s still the centre of attention 

I'm now f*****g tired of the people complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining about Matt42. 

Can everyone please take their Stan goggles off?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheGChild said:

I agree with this, I'm new here but he seems to get a lot of hammer on a board dedicated to a festival that is all about peace, love and happiness. lets just chill and enjoy getting excited together as that's what it's all about.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Bradders said:

If you’re not interested in what Matt posts then use the ignore function.

The weekly occurrence of Matt posting something, people getting mad and other people defending him is the tedious part.

Exactly.

I'm a serial lurker who frankly contributes bugger all to this place, so please excuse the mini-rant, but I've read umpteen people try to explain why they find @Matt42 annoying, or justify him being taken to task ('it's the way he says it / goes on about it / fan goggles', yadda yadda...) and I just do not get the issue. Sure, he has occasionally strident ideas, but he's rarely rude in expressing them (I've seen some people take umbrage at remarks like 'everyone knows...', assuming they're being condescended to, when I honestly think he's judge being chatty or trying to reflect his sense of things). And his interventions are invariably about things which don't really matter anyway - it's not like he's piping up every five minutes to deny climate change or vaccines or whatever. If you find someone suggesting he knows more about Doja Cat than you do that annoying, I truly wonder how you cope with, y'know, the actual world and stuff...

And as others have said, it rapidly becomes the messages decrying Matt which clog up the boards - there are far more of those than there are posts by him. None of which have anything to do with the topic, and some of which feel queasily like bullying... Everyone here seems absolutely sound in all other respects (which is maybe why this stands out so much), and I certainly feel hugely indebted to this place for all kinds that I won't belabour now, so howsabout we all just assume Matt's not a bad person and doesn't mean anyone any harm, and let him be, eh?...

14 minutes ago, stuie said:

Thanks for sharing your opinion but Matt has made literally hundreds of posts in this thread, so people might comment on some of them.  Kindly take off your fan goggles. 

Obviously no one has a problem with comments generally. Obviously it's the sniping which should stop. I'm sure you know the difference.