LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

26 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Would love that. Definitely a possibility, especially if you have a Doja Cat or Harry Styles into Billie Eilish situation on the Pyramid, for people like me two "indie" bands on the Other would work. That said, I'd have half an eye on the Park for after Wolf Alice. 

Wolf Alice at sunset would be a much better atmosphere than them on the Pyramid earlier. I found they got a bit lost on the Leeds main stage last year in the daytime, but when I've seen them at night they've been great

Oh don't say things like this man, i'd be passed myself if this happened.

1 hour ago, Billy Shears said:

The Strokes have a Glasto shaped hole in there tour dates... 👀

image.thumb.png.632962ba7c66f43bd5c9b0263341cb65.png

oh Don't 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mjfiddy said:

I've resigned myself that this will never happen... just putting this negativity into the ether in the hope it does.

also then they would have to have a setlist of the first 3 albums at most (preferably just play Is This It in full lads)

The new album is great. 

also they play tonnes off the debut, a good chunk of it 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I mean, it’s a bit unfair. This Zoe stuff happened this morning and I’m commenting on something recent. It doesn’t sound like I’m the problem.

Yeah it’s totally fair I think, it does seem reasonable to think he might be there based on that. 

Tbh I’d be shocked if he didn’t headline in the next 3 years 

2 minutes ago, George1399 said:

One hell of a joke she rattled an entire country near enough!

She was arguing with literal 13 year olds online, I think her management probably told her to chill out. She was arguing with stans who can be very vicious and nasty, hardly an entire country. 

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I mean, it’s a bit unfair. This Zoe stuff happened this morning and I’m commenting on something recent. It doesn’t sound like I’m the problem.

Bruh you’ve already posted about it happening like 5 times in each of this thread and the Harry Styles thread since Zoe Ball mentioned it this morning. If people are going to see one of those posts they’re going to see all of them.

If someone on the radio had mentioned, say, The National playing Glasto, then people who want The National to play would have probably posted it once and then continued to have a discussion about it if people replied. Not posted several times within the hour that it’s happening. That’s why you got a blatantly pointed reply from him.

3 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Bruh you’ve already posted about it happening like 5 times in each of this thread and the Harry Styles thread since Zoe Ball mentioned it this morning. If people are going to see one of those posts they’re going to see all of them.

If someone on the radio had mentioned, say, The National playing Glasto, then people who want The National to play would have probably posted it once and then continued to have a discussion about it if people replied. Not posted several times within the hour that it’s happening. That’s why you got a blatantly pointed reply from him.

I posted in two threads. The Harry Styles thread and the announcement thread. I think this is an exaggeration. 

If I posted it in a thread which isn’t relevant I could understand the backlash. 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I posted in two threads. The Harry Styles thread and the announcement thread. I think this is an exaggeration. 

If I posted it in a thread which isn’t relevant I could understand the backlash. 

I literally said you posted it two threads.

5 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

He's a Harry stan. 

It's not the discussing it, just the way it's framed that grates.  Telling people to take off their fan goggles and shit like that. 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

He's a Harry stan. 

It's not the discussing it, just the way it's framed that grates.  Telling people to take off their fan goggles and shit like that. 

Still so funny he said the other day that sometimes this place is like Stan Twitter. The only time this place is like Stan Twitter is when Matt starts wanging on about some pop act all day.

Don’t even dislike any of these acts but it makes me wish they’d retire today.

@Matt42   getting a raw deal here, if this was any other poster talking about any other act in the context of that Zoe question and response there wouldn’t be an issue. 

edit : Harry is shite tho and would be a shite surprise announcement.

Edited by MaxPower
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

She was arguing with literal 13 year olds online, I think her management probably told her to chill out. She was arguing with stans who can be very vicious and nasty, hardly an entire country. 

Not exactly a good look. I appreciate it must be a PITA dealing with stans (sounds familiar for a lot of people on here i imagine...)

Either way Kiss me more is a summer tune

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Olivia 5th down doesn’t quite sit right but maybe. 

Wolf Alice are absolutely not subbing above both Harry and Doja. I think kindly the fan goggles may need to be taken off.

I’m not really expecting it to happen but some sort of special guest slot on the Pyramid wouldn’t be the strangest thing to happen. I don’t see why the idea of him playing as a special guest before Wolf Alice is so strange though. He’s clearly big enough to headline, so what does it matter if he plays 2nd down or 4th? If anything he’d be better off playing in the afternoon when he’d probably draw an even bigger crowd.

If nothing else, it means the return of the best goddam drummer in the world back to Pilton (Sarah Jones, last seen absolutely killing it with Hot Chip at WH in 2015)

Edited by Mardy
  • Upvote 3

I definitely think Harry will be playing a afternoon type pyramid slot and I think he'd be awesome even though I don't know much of his stuff

Doja is also gonna play she was just messing around and rightfully getting pissed off with those crazy fans 

1975 secret set would be great. Could do a killers John peel job maybe?