LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Me neither, was it actually released?

I’m desperate to get hold of a full lineup poster from 2004, my first one. Never seen one on sale anywhere.

I've been looking for the same for my man cave, as like you it was my first one and I've never seen one for sale anywhere. 😞 

7 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

they look a decent size and nicely framed.

where did you get both from please?

The posters are bought directly from Glastonbury, you're able to buy them for most years online.

The frames are by "FRAMES BY POST". They've got a website, but I think we bought them from Amazon as it's a lot easier to find what you're looking for on there as you can search the sizes more easily.

Edited by Miyn

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

I wish I was able to get more festival inspired posters / artwork in my house but the Wife is not really a fan of the festival so the only bit I’ve got is some of the Glastonbury postcards framed in the downstairs loo!

Mines the same. I've managed to frame a Glastonbury 2017 tea towel and get that up in the loo downstairs but that's it! 

9 hours ago, Miyn said:

As you can see, I've also got 2016 and 2017's posters framed. I think they look great. I'm planning to swap 2016 out after this year's festival.

05w433b.jpg

Does anyone know where to buy posters that are photos of the site rather than lineup posters? I’m after one that is along the lines of one of the site at sunset with all the lights twinkling, that kinda vibe!

Thanks in advance

Edited by tigger123

Just now, tigger123 said:

Does anyone know where to buy posters that are photos of the site rather than lineup posters? I’m after one that is along the lines of one of the site at sunset with all the lights twinkling, that kinda vibe!

Thanks in advance

Etsy would be a reasonable start - loads of people will offer prints of their own photos.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Me neither, was it actually released?

I’m desperate to get hold of a full lineup poster from 2004, my first one. Never seen one on sale anywhere.

https://shop.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/collections/posters/products/2019-poster

Weird they don't do the 2004 one!

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

The posters are bought directly from Glastonbury, you're able to buy them for most years online.

The frames are by "FRAMES BY POST". They've got a website, but I think we bought them from Amazon as it's a lot easier to find what you're looking for on there as you can search the sizes more easily.

I bought one for 2008 directly from Glastonbury, and it was massive like the ones you used to see people selling on the floor outside gigs in London, and there is no way I could frame it neatly like you've done. 

Can I check - are yours A2 in size?

Edited by gooner1990

17 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Can I check - are yours A2 in size?

Yep.

They're on this section of the site: https://shop.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/collections/posters

Here's 2019's one where it says it's A2: https://shop.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/collections/posters/products/2019-poster

The mount covers a very small amount of the poster, so it can be a bit fiddly getting it to line up (see what I did there?) perfectly, and getting it so it's centred in the middle of the frame with the same amount of border on each side.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Yep.

They're on this section of the site: https://shop.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/collections/posters

Here's 2019's one where it says it's A2: https://shop.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/collections/posters/products/2019-poster

The mount covers a very small amount of the poster, so it can be a bit fiddly getting it to line up (see what I did there?) perfectly, and getting it so it's centred in the middle of the frame with the same amount of border on each side.

I'm going to check what they sent me a few years ago because the 2008 one I have is HUGE.

Thanks for the tips though, much appreciated. 🙂 

On 3/17/2022 at 9:29 AM, nikkic said:

That's not true. 

Each area has its own booking team and agents tout their acts for specific places.

There may be instances where a DJ is booked multiple times and thus the areas will work together to offer a deal to the agent. 

Often a DJ will end up getting roped into playing multiple places, only scheduled at the last minute. I could well imagine someone being secured to play the Glade area, but not sure until later on whether they're at the cafe, spike, spaceport etc.

• 2 weeks later...