LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

50 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

I was quietly hoping they’d pop up, seem to be getting bigger and bigger off the back of Glow On, played Kimmel last night! 

Can’t place them on a particular stage/time though, maybe The Park? A late night set in Shangri-La similar to IDLES in 2019 would go down a treat too! 

Was thinking Truth stage

7 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Me 20 mins into their Yes gig when I realised I’d wasted my night.

I am personally offended by this. 

Anyway, Angelica is a tip-top certified slapper. If you don't like it then I'm sorry but there's something wrong with yas! 

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

I am personally offended by this. 

Anyway, Angelica is a tip-top certified slapper. If you don't like it then I'm sorry but there's something wrong with yas! 

I think the vocal effect is really annoying. Especially during the chorus.

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

93B05EFE-F721-49DA-8D6F-A4C2D007419C.thumb.jpeg.07179b2c316160dc0f2a404c9726724e.jpeg

im sure they are going to love the line up … oh

0E93115B-1D06-4705-9E14-92BAD52B9B50.thumb.jpeg.e5483c7a8b116c8b666afcb07e7c08d6.jpeg

I saw this - guessing your the reply that says they are mediocre choices haha.

In preparation for whats coming next - can someone tag the instagrams for the major stages that announce their own stuff? I've got Pangea so far - where else will be posting their own major announcements.

Also what is it that we can expect next to announce? Map? A specific area/stage thats always first? or is it nothing till post-resale now? (except some self confirms maybe)

Edited by gfa

43 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I'm going to regret brining this back up but... considering they hit post at 8:30 and the OG Macca tweet was 8am I wonder if the plan was last Friday after all. 

Good point. It looks like they put it all back by a week because of Ukraine. Macca’s people didn’t think to reschedule his tweet. 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

bicep for silver hayes, whatdo ya think?

Nah, way too big.  Unless there's a new stage in SH, I don't think there's anywhere suitable for their live show.

57 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I've only just noticed they put the Ukraine flag round the border of the poster. That's cool. 

Wow.  That's amazing and very respectful.

44 minutes ago, Divein said:

Speaking of hype, really shocked not to see Yard Act on there. If they are Williams Green then it's to be very packed.

I'll be very surprised if they don't pop up somewhere over the weekend, probably do a couple of sets I reckon. 

I saw them last night and they were excellent. 

56 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I'm going to regret brining this back up but... considering they hit post at 8:30 and the OG Macca tweet was 8am I wonder if the plan was last Friday after all. 

I think that is probably a fair point and possibly true or at least they intended to announce him and possibly Kendrick as well. 

3 hours ago, circus92 said:

Yeah I totally get that, but after years of watching some cracking Pyramid headliner sets on TV and wishing I was there, and then finally getting tickets for the first time you sort of think the odds of getting at least one you like are pretty good.

Every other Glasto for the last 10 years there has been at least one if not 2 I would have been right into, and then the year I get to go has none.  After waiting so long for the Poster drop it just feels a bit disappointing for me.

RemindMe! 4 Months

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

😄

That's great. I didn't realise she was a comedy act.

I'm not even joking when I say this is what launched her career, if I remember correctly. She had an album out before this that got barely any buzz and dropped this and blew up