LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

Just now, MaxPower said:

Oh spicy I love that. Four Tet’s Lost Village 2021 line up is insanely good, best set I’ve ever listened to not having been there. 

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/7THKRrpQtAN7ZTzW6 - for the uninitiated 

I think having a fairly prominent more dance/DJ like act each night will seperate the crowds really well.

32 minutes ago, Boomtowner said:

I can't believe Wet Leg have made it on to the initial poster. Always thought that they would be there, but to put them on the first poster. It must be a real pisser for bands that are playing and actually have an album or two to play.

Amazing what a bit of hype can do.

Ha

They are one the hottest bands in the country and they will be a must see for loads of people, any festival would jump at the chance to put them on their line up poster.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I think they got on the poster of their own accord. They've been the most hyped new band in the country for like nearly a year now. Would've been one of the first omissions mentioned in the other thread if they weren't on there. 

Hype doesn't equate with talent. So many one hit wonders

36 minutes ago, Boomtowner said:

I can't believe Wet Leg have made it on to the initial poster. Always thought that they would be there, but to put them on the first poster. It must be a real pisser for bands that are playing and actually have an album or two to play.

Amazing what a bit of hype can do.

They have an album out on the 8th April

7 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

No one can be surprised wet leg made the poster. I cant believe yard act havent.

That's one of the bands I was thinking of , they've put in the graft and deserve a spot on the poster

Edited by Boomtowner

3 minutes ago, Divein said:

Speaking of hype, really shocked not to see Yard Act on there. If they are Williams Green then it's to be very packed.

Are they a similar size to Fontaines D.C. in 2019? They did a WG, Left Field and a JP (only because Sam Fender pulled out, I'm still annoyed by that one). Think Yard Act will definitely play more than one set over the weekend, surprised they're not on the poster.

Just now, Miyn said:

Are they a similar size to Fontaines D.C. in 2019? They did a WG, Left Field and a JP (only because Sam Fender pulled out, I'm still annoyed by that one). Think Yard Act will definitely play more than one set over the weekend, surprised they're not on the poster.

Can imagine Yard Act and Wet Leg do a couple of sets each

Just now, adequate8 said:

Can imagine Yard Act and Wet Leg do a couple of sets each

I thought Wet Leg would, but I think they're fairly busy. Somewhere on the Thursday, Bristol? And then Dublin on the Saturday.

8 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

One hit wonders yet every one of their only 4 songs is a stone cold banger

even if the rest of the album blows (it wont) it will be a fine debut record

Just listening to ' Too Late Now', definitely not a banger. I've liked bands after a couple of singles but tend to reserve my judgement until an album has dropped. Or they have more than 5 songs to their names!

Edited by Boomtowner