LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I can see that. That would be pretty strong, but I can also see Dave/Dua next year, depending on new music. (we know Dave is already on record saying he's writing) 

For sure, quite a few options for the next couple of years 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

i'm seeing lots of people predicting bands for west holts, that might be in silver hayes.

no one predicts bands for silver hayes.

Do we usually have many acts on the first poster for Silver Hayes? Usually focused mostly on the top five stages, right? (With some exceptions I’m sure)

So at about 8:30 I was just typing in that Emily was active on Twitter, answering a query, but it probably means nothing. Then Boom. 

Great 1st poster for me, the most acts I've wanted to see since the 2014 poster came out.

Really brilliant poster. Given all the shit that’s gone/going on, and how dire some other posters are, it’s baffling that people are moaning. 

Apart from Macca I’m not especially excited about the top 4 names, but the rest of it is pretty extraordinary.

9.5/10 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Do we usually have many acts on the first poster for Silver Hayes? Usually focused mostly on the top five stages, right? (With some exceptions I’m sure)

bicep for silver hayes, whatdo ya think?

I'm a bit conflicted to be honest. It is a good line-up, and there's loads I could see quite happily, the thing is I have already seen most of them or have tickets to see them over the next few months. Out of the line-up so far there are only 3 must sees that i haven't seen already, with another 6 maybes and that was pushing the boundaries of maybe a bit. Obviously opinions arseholes etc etc but if there was a headliner I was interested in it would certainly help, but at the moment i'm just a little underwhelmed. 

I'd be genuinely curious to see what people were hoping for / listen to if there's not at least a good chunk of acts on the line up that get people excited. I've said it before, but the mix of genres with older/newer acts it just doesn't make sense to me. 

22 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Thanks for that.  Yes I know it will still be incredible - I just need get over the initial disappointment, and start looking forward to how good it will be when I finally get there.  Just goes to show how different everyone's tastes are - 2019 is the year I most regret missing - The Killers and The Cure would have been two of the best headliners I could ever imagine, and they both smashed it.

That's the same for most people. Usually someone who has been on the fence about going will finally get tickets the year after they've watched someone they love being incredible on the Pyramid stage but honestly it is not all about the Pyramid and I have seen some of the best headline acts on other stages. I'd also say your highlight of the festival could be an act from that line up that you have not even heard of until today. My favourite set from the last festival was Cut Capers on Avalon Stage at Midday on Saturday. I had never heard of Cut Capers until their poster dropped after this first poster. I added a couple of songs to my Glastonbury playlist and every time they came on they made me go who's this. Honestly probably in my top 10 sets at Glastonbury ever and from the poster they'd have been a who are they. 

One of the things I genuinely love most about Glastonbury is how it opened up the world of music for me. They made me listen to things I wouldn't have give the time of day before and that has enriched my life so much. Going to Glastonbury in 2010 was the start of a life changing journey for me so make the most of it and enjoy freeing yourself to listen to things you maybe wouldn't have before. 

• Upvote 1

I can't believe Wet Leg have made it on to the initial poster. Always thought that they would be there, but to put them on the first poster. It must be a real pisser for bands that are playing and actually have an album or two to play.

Amazing what a bit of hype can do.

1 minute ago, Boomtowner said:

I can't believe Wet Leg have made it on to the initial poster. Always thought that they would be there, but to put them on the first poster. It must be a real pisser for bands that are playing and actually have an album or two to play.

Contemporary though innit. You could argue the same thing about bands that are on the posters but haven't released anything new for 20 years! Like em or not, and they might or might not have any staying power, they're on the up at the moment

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

My favourite set from the last festival was Cut Capers on Avalon Stage at Midday on Saturday. I had never heard of Cut Capers until their poster dropped after this first poster. I added a couple of songs to my Glastonbury playlist and every time they came on they made me go who's this. Honestly probably in my top 10 sets at Glastonbury ever and from the poster they'd have been a who are they. 

Missing that was my biggest regret of 2019. It was my turn to go fill everyone's water bottles and I set off 20 minutes before they were due on by the time I arrived back there were only 3 songs left. Gutted was an understatement.  I did manage to listen to them from the queue but it was still quite galling. I did consider just going back to watch but all my mates were really suffering from dehydration. Good job I've seen them many times before.

5 minutes ago, Boomtowner said:

Amazing what every song you release being an absolute banger can do. No misses for the gals.

• Upvote 2