LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think they’ve probably learnt with billie that getting them when they are a bit undercooked can pay off in the future if the act really blows up. It might help them in getting them to choose Glastonbury * and their low fees that no one wants to accept * to come back and headline. 

Olivia is already huge, had two of the biggest singles in the UK and one of the biggest selling albums. If this performance does well/comes across well her next UK tour here is already goign to be huge but she'll probably headline if album 2 does levels of album 1. 

Future headliners
Dave
Dua
Olivia Rodrigo

All of their next album or two. 

6 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Anyone else wish it was ordered in rough order of how high on stages/ popularity? 

It's not as flattering for the casual member of public. There are some absolutely huge names there that you have to read the whole list to get to. 

Doesn't bother me but it's not such a huge impact as it should be. 

If its not flattering to the casual member of the public thats fine by me, less chance of them going for the resale for people who I want to be at the festival. 

Had quite the rollercoaster this week expecting Phoebe on the lineup, then writing her off due to Latitude, then seeing her in here again has made my day.

Lots to like on the poster, lots not bothered with, lots more to be announced that are poster-worthy (like every year).

Balance paid, lineup poster here. Insert "it's happening" gif.

anyone else surprised Maneskin aren't making an appearance? nice glasto hole in their tour and would have thought they would be a pretty obvious booking - maybe yet to come i guess

1 hour ago, circus92 said:

Delighted for @Matt42 and all those praying for Macca and Kendrick.  Can totally get they are great bookings, but just not inspiring for me at all - feeling very underwhelmed.

Counted about 18 acts I will see so not bad really, but for your first ever Glastonbury you kinda want to have a Pyramid headliner you are into at least one night, right?  And was also hoping for an Other headliner one night as well to mix it up.  It was gonna be Taylor on the Sunday and Dua on the Saturday and free to explore on the Friday.  Now both of them have definitely dabbed down it just feels a bit shit.  No interest in Kendrick, Macca or Billie whatsoever, and now praying that either Sam Fender or Wolf Alice get an Other Headliner slot as Foals and PSB are just okay.  Definitely a good undercard, but poor at the top for me.

My 17 year old daughter also doesn't dig it - she just messaged me with "ITS SO BADDDDDDD"

Everyone keeps saying Glasto is about so much more than the line-up - I really hope that is true.

Is it’s any comfort, my first was 2019 and I didn’t see any Pyramid headliner (but saw Kylie) and it was best weekend of my life.

Even though it's not the headliners I wanted for my first Glastonbury, I am happy with the rest of the line up, plenty I want to see there. The argument could be made that I am already seen a lot of them at the likes of Reading Festival, but that doesn't bother me, if there is an artist I like I will watch them plenty of times. I am curious as to who will be headlining the other stage against Macca, as out of the headliners he is the one I may go see...

43 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

just totalled up… that’s a shit tonne of acts I’d like to see. No way I’m going to see them all. That’s insane. Don’t think I’ve ever reached a number that high for any festival I’ve been to!

Billie Eilish
Paul McCartney
Kendrick Lamar
Diana Ross
Beabadoobee
Bicep
Caroline Polachek
Charli XCX
Clairo
Doja Cat
Fontaines D.C.
Girl In Red
Glass Animals
Griff
HAIM
Holly Humberstone
Jessie Ware
Kacey Musgraves
Little Simz
Lorde
Megan Thee Stallion
Mitski
Nightmares on Wax
Olivia Rodrigo
Pet Shop Boys
Phoebe Bridgers
Primal Scream
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
Róisín Murphy
Sam Fender
Self Esteem
Sigrid
St. Vincent
Supergrass
TLC
Turnstile
Wet Leg
Wolf Alice
Years & Years

I mean, just paste the poster up again Matt...

Having said that, I'm the same. Maybe I need to be more discerning but I counted 51 of those acts I'd want to see. 12 on the first 3 lines alone. The I went through again because I couldn't believe it was so high and thought I must have made a mistake. Counted 53 second time around. Out of 89 on the poster. I want to see 60% of what's been announced. And I'd probably enjoy half the other acts if I happened across them. 

34 minutes ago, K2SO said:

There's nothing on there really that I'd pay to see outside of the festival. That ticket money is more valuable to me now that it ever has been before so my ticket may regretfully go back in the pot. I'm going to finish crying to myself in a little while and give myself the weekend to think about it and make my decision on Monday.

It feels extra devastating that I'm even considering not going after such a long wait.

This blows my mind. Of the 50 odd acts I'd like to see I'd happily pay to go and see any of them if they were playing locally, so to get them all for £285 is amazing value. The idea there's NOTHING there for people boggles my mind. 

And if that is the case - why not go and do some listening. There's definitely something there you'd like - you just don't know it yet. 

Clearly I'd only be able to actually see a minority of them, because of the logistics but still - it's mind blowing. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Anyone else wish it was ordered in rough order of how high on stages/ popularity? 

It's not as flattering for the casual member of public. There are some absolutely huge names there that you have to read the whole list to get to. 

Alphabetical order is how you quiet the constant fighting that agents will have been making with the festival this whole time. They bought themselves 2 months to get it all taken care of even though they likely know where everyones gonna end up. Font size and line placement is a huge deal nowadays so lots of festivals just do alphabetical to avoid the hassle.

Edited by Suprefan

2 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

Even though it's not the headliners I wanted for my first Glastonbury, I am happy with the rest of the line up, plenty I want to see there. The argument could be made that I am already seen a lot of them at the likes of Reading Festival, but that doesn't bother me, if there is an artist I like I will watch them plenty of times. I am curious as to who will be headlining the other stage against Macca, as out of the headliners he is the one I may go see...

Billie / Foals

Macca / Doja

Kendrick / PSB

Foals and PSB are very set but nobody is sure at all for Doja Cat - could be someone not yet announced. There's heaps of other good stuff on anyway, Bicep Caribou Four Tet likely headlining stuff if your into dance. Get over on this thread -

28 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Fuck em. No need for impact.

• Upvote 1

Just now, chazwwe said:

Remember the weeks worth of discussion if Florence would be headlining or sub headlining? I'm so happy the line up is out. Wouldn't be surprised for them to pop up and do a set somewhere. 

secret Park set then headlining next year alongside Arctic Monkeys and Taylor, plz 

1 minute ago, George_92 said:

secret Park set then headlining next year alongside Arctic Monkeys and Taylor, plz 

I can see that. That would be pretty strong, but I can also see Dave/Dua next year, depending on new music. (we know Dave is already on record saying he's writing) 

2 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Is it’s any comfort, my first was 2019 and I didn’t see any Pyramid headliner (but saw Kylie) and it was best weekend of my life.

Thanks for that.  Yes I know it will still be incredible - I just need get over the initial disappointment, and start looking forward to how good it will be when I finally get there.  Just goes to show how different everyone's tastes are - 2019 is the year I most regret missing - The Killers and The Cure would have been two of the best headliners I could ever imagine, and they both smashed it.