LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

Just now, jparx said:

I reckon that’s right. 

Man it’d be a Pyramid heavy weekend for me. Killer lineup on that stage.

Yup, outside of maybe Billie (depending on whose on Friday, I really want to see Phoebe) I'll be at the Pyramid from at least 3rd act onwards each day. 

Delighted for @Matt42 and all those praying for Macca and Kendrick.  Can totally get they are great bookings, but just not inspiring for me at all - feeling very underwhelmed.

Counted about 18 acts I will see so not bad really, but for your first ever Glastonbury you kinda want to have a Pyramid headliner you are into at least one night, right?  And was also hoping for an Other headliner one night as well to mix it up.  It was gonna be Taylor on the Sunday and Dua on the Saturday and free to explore on the Friday.  Now both of them have definitely dabbed down it just feels a bit shit.  No interest in Kendrick, Macca or Billie whatsoever, and now praying that either Sam Fender or Wolf Alice get an Other Headliner slot as Foals and PSB are just okay.  Definitely a good undercard, but poor at the top for me.

My 17 year old daughter also doesn't dig it - she just messaged me with "ITS SO BADDDDDDD"

Everyone keeps saying Glasto is about so much more than the line-up - I really hope that is true.

Just now, chazwwe said:

Yup, outside of maybe Billie (depending on whose on Friday, I really want to see Phoebe) I'll be at the Pyramid from at least 3rd act onwards each day. 

Phoebe is the one I’m most struggling to place and most want to see outside of Macca. I think the Latitude wording was meant to suggest she’s a headliner exclusive for them, and so not headlining a stage at Glastonbury. Maybe 3/4 down on the Other?

For me, this is one of the worst lineups I've ever seen. If it was a lineup literally anywhere else, I wouldn't pay to go there

Edit: Happy for those that do like it though. I just do not like it.

Edited by K2SO

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

Delighted for @Matt42 and all those praying for Macca and Kendrick.  Can totally get they are great bookings, but just not inspiring for me at all - feeling very underwhelmed.

Counted about 18 acts I will see so not bad really, but for your first ever Glastonbury you kinda want to have a Pyramid headliner you are into at least one night, right?  And was also hoping for an Other headliner one night as well to mix it up.  It was gonna be Taylor on the Sunday and Dua on the Saturday and free to explore on the Friday.  Now both of them have definitely dabbed down it just feels a bit shit.  No interest in Kendrick, Macca or Billie whatsoever, and now praying that either Sam Fender or Wolf Alice get an Other Headliner slot as Foals and PSB are just okay.  Definitely a good undercard, but poor at the top for me.

My 17 year old daughter also doesn't dig it - she just messaged me with "ITS SO BADDDDDDD"

Everyone keeps saying Glasto is about so much more than the line-up - I really hope that is true.

My first year I went on the Friday in 2014 I saw 2 Pyramid headliners. Its the most I've seen at the festival. 2015 on the Friday I spent from 6pm until finish on the West Holtz stage, one of my favourite evenings at Glastonbury ever. 2019 I didn't see a single headliner on the Pyramid and it was my favourite year. 

A Pyramid headliner is not needed every year, the year you get one or two that you really want to see, is what makes those sets special. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Anderson Paak is busy with Silk Sonic, surely. Was hoping they'd be there but it was always an outside shot.

He’s touring around Glasto and has dates free. Perhaps he wanted a bigger slot than they were offering.

Honestly, for me the line up is average but I really couldn’t give a hoot. Most years I only end up seeing a handful of acts anyway and there’s a handful on there that I really do want to see so that will do me just fine. The excitement is real now 😁

I haven’t even totalled up the number of people I’d see because I genuinely think it’s half the poster.

It’s pretty much a lineup perfectly constructed for me. Like no joke. It’s like Emily called me up and asked who I’d like to see this year who is touring. 

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Phoebe is the one I’m most struggling to place and most want to see outside of Macca. I think the Latitude wording was meant to suggest she’s a headliner exclusive for them, and so not headlining a stage at Glastonbury. Maybe 3/4 down on the Other?

This is my hope. I can see her either there or sub headlining JP, which would be my worst fear.