LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

When does the balance payment window close?

Monday night.

I’ve just realised that we still have a week in March after the resale. I reckon they are going to do both a balance payment and resale without the lineup. 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If it doesn’t come today I won’t be surprised if it doesn’t come until late March. Perhaps after the resale.

March 30th / 31st

I personally think they’ll time it for the resale now, it’s one thing expecting people to pay their balance without a lineup, but it’s another thing expecting people who don’t even have a ticket to pay nearly £300 without one.

If for some reason it comes after the resale, maybe it’s a one of ‘favour’ to the people who missed out in 2019 and who subsequently haven’t been for years, on the basis they let people roll tickets over so they’re looking to help the ticketless out a bit. Would seem an odd way to run a business though, but maybe not if it was just a one off under the circumstance. 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Monday night.

I’ve just realised that we still have a week in March after the resale. I reckon they are going to do both a balance payment and resale without the lineup. 

I'm so impatient for it but also I really believe this would reward those die hard fans who need success in the resale. My group are also looking for 2 more tickets and could have a future dropout if we don't get them (one newbie's wife). 

I've banged on enough for the last 2.5 years about how amazing it is that all 5 of us with tickets already paid up immediately. 

Sure it's a bit of a risk for the festivl but surely it would sell out after a line up is released? even if that is after the resale day. I just can't see how not! 

Just now, Matt42 said:

Monday night.

I've settled on the opinion that they'd prefer to release it before the balance payment cut-off date, but there's one or two key issues they have to tie-up first, and they'd prefer not to publish an initial poster littered with TBCs or omissions. They'd rather have maximum impact upon release. When they're ready, we'll get it, I don't think it's anything other than that. 

Here's a thought. Would they consider extending the payment deadline to allow for those waiting for an initial lineup?

9 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I personally think they’ll time it for the resale now, it’s one thing expecting people to pay their balance without a lineup, but it’s another thing expecting people who don’t even have a ticket to pay nearly £300 without one.

If for some reason it comes after the resale, maybe it’s a one of ‘favour’ to the people who missed out in 2019 and who subsequently haven’t been for years, on the basis they let people roll tickets over so they’re looking to help the ticketless out a bit. Would seem an odd way to run a business though, but maybe not if it was just a one off under the circumstance. 

Why? Everyone who goes to Glastonbury doesn’t care about the lineup and it will sell out anyway.

2 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

I'm so impatient for it but also I really believe this would reward those die hard fans who need success in the resale. My group are also looking for 2 more tickets and could have a future dropout if we don't get them (one newbie's wife). 

I've banged on enough for the last 2.5 years about how amazing it is that all 5 of us with tickets already paid up immediately. 

Sure it's a bit of a risk for the festivl but surely it would sell out after a line up is released? even if that is after the resale day. I just can't see how not! 

It would of course 100% still sell out. I do think what with holding onto £7m of peoples money for 2.5 years, 2 enforced cancellations, the price rise, the saving on VAT there would be a surprising amount of arrogance about not releasing the lineup until after both sales. We all know they know the festival is massively over subsided, but nothing they do has ever suggested they would want to take that for granted, and rightly so.

On the other hand it would be extremely kind to keep it all so much on the DL for existing customers who didn’t get tickets last time, but it would also be out of character for them.

I’ve got a ticket so I’m not worried either way, but I’m trying for some friends in the resale so if we hear nothing between now and then it’s all good as far as I’m concerned, just seems a little odd.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It would of course 100% still sell out. I do think what with holding onto £7m of peoples money for 2.5 years, 2 enforced cancellations, the price rise, the saving on VAT there would be a surprising amount of arrogance about not releasing the lineup until after both sales. We all know they know the festival is massively over subsided, but nothing they do has ever suggested they would want to take that for granted, and rightly so.

On the other hand it would be extremely kind to keep it all so much on the DL for existing customers who didn’t get tickets last time, but it would also be out of character for them.

I’ve got a ticket so I’m not worried either way, but I’m trying for some friends in the resale so if we hear nothing between now and then it’s all good as far as I’m concerned, just seems a little odd.

Don’t think it’s arrogant if they are still securing acts