LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

What makes you think they've been able to confirm artists earlier this year? They don't after fallow years when they've also had twice the usual time. 

I think they've actually had less time because of the bigger then normal uncertainty in who's touring until very recently. Normally you'd know your schedules and who's on a touring cycle but everyone has been basically unable to definitely confirm until very recently, which doesn't normally happen.

Emily has said they kept a decent number of acts from 2020 so that right there still plays into them having to do a bit less work with some acts, just a matter of keeping those ducks in a row. After it was certain that 2021 wasnt going to happen it was mentioned that they wanted to make that determination sooner so they can get to work on getting 2022 sorted. So how have they had less time? I mean Primavera booked their whole line up and got 90% of it announced a year in advance to when it was happening. Do they get credit for working their tails off or just being lucky everyone said yes? Glasto happens 2 weeks later so if youre a festival and have a rough idea of who will be available during the timeframe you need and had over a year to do it, why cant it be ready at this juncture.  Clearly Taylor said no to returning in 2022 sometime last year and they got to work on who would be there instead. That still gave them time for Macca and Kendrick to have as possible maybes for a while til they were onboard. And it gave them time to have contingencies if they said no. ( harry styles for one we assume ) Even if they had a few open slots you can still press forward with the first poster and drop in those other names later as we've seen in the past. The billing and stage slots for acts that got bigger during covid is a legit issue because we've seen it a lot on lineups that have been announced. But how many of those did they have booked and had to work with? Not enough to stop a lineup release I think.

Just now, jparx said:

I appreciate the effort. Most genuine excitement this thread has generated all day!

I was sent it by a nut job on Twitter. No offence if you're looking in.

Still... the Super Furries are going to be pissed off tomorrow morning when the Glastonbury line-up overshadows their announcement. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

680697925_Screenshot_20220111-091842_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.a7a2cfbc8b488927716741bd33b51ba6.jpg

this is crazy how we're all expecting it at 8am then 7pm then 8am etc, when actually if it comes before next weekend or so it will be the earliest poster for a very long time.

1 minute ago, gfa said:

this is crazy how we're all expecting it at 8am then 7pm then 8am etc, when actually if it comes before next weekend or so it will be the earliest poster for a very long time.

Reason being the balance deadline is normally a month later I guess 

21 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

My wife watched the Super Bowl thing the other day…she was saying how amazing it was, but asked if I knew who the short chap with cornrows was. 

Funny thing is there were 33 complaints to the FCC ( tele regulator for content in the u.s. ) and the main complaint was of 50 Cent's backup dancers. Guess some people got offended for them being too cheeky.