LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Metallica or Arcade Fire have gotta be up there surely, but yeah, unless Kendrick releases a banger of a commercial hit single or something in the next few months, I can’t imagine he’s gonna have a massive crowd.

I wasn't at AF but I thought Metallica did alright. That was my first ever Pyramid headline set, so maybe my specs are a bit rose-tinted

11 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

GOAT'S how? Greatest hip-hop star ever? Bullshit! Greatest popstar ever? Double bullshit!!!!

Kendrick and Taylor imo are definitely up there as leaders in their genre. 

Taylor could play 2 headline sets on different nights with a completely different setlist both times and smash it. She has too many tunes.

4 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Greatest for Glastonbury though. G hasn't had a better popstar than Taylor headline. Say what you want, Kendrick > Jay Z > Ye

That's not what he said - GOAT means greatest of all time. It's all subjective, I'd say Jay-z is miles better than Kendrick and Beyonce is a million times better than Taylor 'snore' Swift.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, K2SO said:

What's the answer for both? I think Kendrick will be a contender for both.

At the start, and relatively stable throughout, would be Arcade Fire and Metallica.

At the end, there's been a few acts which have started strong but then had a dramatic exodus - Kanye being a notable one.

7 minutes ago, incident said:

At the start, and relatively stable throughout, would be Arcade Fire and Metallica.

At the end, there's been a few acts which have started strong but then had a dramatic exodus - Kanye being a notable one.

Did Kanye have that bad of a clear-out? I was just in front of the sound desk for that so I was just absorbed in the moment but my brain always told me he did well for some reason ahah

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think the last few sales have been much of a muchness, it’s just pot luck. People say 2019 was brutal, but I got through twice, whereas for 2017 I didn’t get through at all and had to rely on the resale. I think I were now more or less down to around just above 30 minutes and you’ll either be lucky or you won’t!

For 2017 I got through myself and got my group paid for with a few mins before it sold out. For 2020 I got onto the pay screen and ended up not getting them myself because another person in the group I was part of had got them and just hadnt relayed the info. (if the registrations numbers dont work thats how you know ) Every other year that I had actively tried I didnt get in at all. My view is the festival chooses the year you get to go. ( fate i guess ) I dont know if I will ever return after this year or how long it will be which is a bummer. But having gone twice is 2 more times than a lot of people can say when it comes to how difficult it is to get a ticket now.

15 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah but theyve had twice the amount of time to book artists. In a normal year it would be seen differently. Thats one of the biggest issues here is that they had more time but still appear to be scrambling when they really shouldnt be. I mean this could all become moot if it comes tomorrow morning just a week after Macca teased and that was their schedule all along, or so it would appear.

Are they though? We don’t know that at all.

12 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah but theyve had twice the amount of time to book artists. In a normal year it would be seen differently. Thats one of the biggest issues here is that they had more time but still appear to be scrambling when they really shouldnt be. I mean this could all become moot if it comes tomorrow morning just a week after Macca teased and that was their schedule all along, or so it would appear.

What makes you think they've been able to confirm artists earlier this year? They don't after fallow years when they've also had twice the usual time. 

I think they've actually had less time because of the bigger then normal uncertainty in who's touring until very recently. Normally you'd know your schedules and who's on a touring cycle but everyone has been basically unable to definitely confirm until very recently, which doesn't normally happen.

3 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Feels weird to have the printing press make a poster just for Glasto Latino to say nothing.

FB_IMG_1646341446313.jpg

To be fair, most Glastonbury Free Press posters don't really say much, so it's not unusual.

10 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Kendrick is great for the purist, but the average man or woman on the street would never have heard of him. 

My wife watched the Super Bowl thing the other day…she was saying how amazing it was, but asked if I knew who the short chap with cornrows was. 

9 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Ah sorry my bad. Still got me to look up the 1981 headliners.

🤣🤣 I have two uncles that sold frozen goat’s milk from their farm at ‘81 and always bang on about it at Xmases.  

And no mention of Ginger Baker is ever wasted. Absolute legend.