LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

Thinking its not coming during the window now. They’ve only got the rest of today and friday as it wont drop on a weekend and monday is the final day. Dont think you get many monday announcements historically.

i am overall surprised thats its not coming but can also appreciate its still quite early for one reason or another.

its all so very quiet its just not looking likely in the next few days.

patience, as they say

Edited by Memory Man

3 hours ago, incident said:

Could it be that the festival would see a bit more "turnover" than usual as an actual positive and something to be encouraged?

no company would want to disincentivize their clients to shop with them?

36 minutes ago, CurrySauce said:

Have you got a Micheal Eavis screensaver though? That gets you a preferred coach time

I've got a Michael Eavis butt plug. Like those ones with the jewel, but it's a pebble painted to look like his head with cotton wool stuck on for the beard. 

28 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

If it doesn’t come now it will probably come nearer to the resale to coincide with that instead.

Would cause a meltdown from some, apocalyptic at not knowing the line up when they were asked to pay, glasto chat would explode

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

Given the 2 or so years of forced festival hiatus, I hope its not a case that they're struggling to confirm decent acts because more bands are going for the larger payday elsewhere...

That Latitude lineup has given me the willies

I thought money isnt supposed to matter for the mighty Glastonbury and artists fall over themselves to get on the lineup. Or maybe artists are seeking a fair payday and possibly realize they dont need it on their resume to have a good career. Playing somewhere just for prestige sake might not be the best move in this current climate. 

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

I thought money isnt supposed to matter for the mighty Glastonbury and artists fall over themselves to get on the lineup. Or maybe artists are seeking a fair payday and possibly realize they dont need it on their resume to have a good career. Playing somewhere just for prestige sake might not be the best move in this current climate. 

My point was more leaning towards the fact that artists income has been negatively affected for a sustained period of time and how that might affect their touring decisions.

It's no secret that Glastonbury pay less but that doesn't mean it doesn't provide equal value. There's very few festivals around the world, if any, that have the level of broadcast coverage that Glastonbury does. In a world where video content is king, Glastonbury Festival is head and shoulders above all others when it comes to providing valuable exposure to artists.

On a fair payday, that boils down to your interpretation of fair.

Edited by LostHorizon