LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

If it is coming today then they've done a bloody good job of keeping it under wraps, it feels like we'd normally have more of an inkling by now if we were less than 24 hours away. I suppose the obvious answer is that isn't coming today, but that's no fun.

If it’s coming in the evening we won’t have a heads up yet. Keep faith.

I know I sound a bit Qanon when I say this but hold the line.

8 hours ago, assorted said:

Yeah, you can get a full refund minus a £25 administrative fee (same fee you’d eat if you don’t pay after putting down the deposit.  Yes, you can’t resell for a profit, but to be very clear, you have the ability to “pay for it in full, and then turn around and” request a refund and get your money back. (Up until May 6th, and this was just about deciding based on the poster, and I presume the poster will be out by then. I can only hope considering this thread 😉 ). 

Link to what I am typing - https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/#CANC 

How long has the policy been in place cause I dont recall it being the norm and you would very much see it in practice and something to be abused by ticket holders up until now. Something like this would become a known thing and nobody worries about not paying their balance if they knew they had a backup plan for a refund cause all they gotta do is lie and the festival does not need you to prove anything. They only need you to prove something if you bought the ticket insurance and used that to get a refund.

So we're assuming no warning in the next 70 minutes cause somebody is asleep and wont check their messages?

And how was anything gonna come out of the NME awards when BMTH got a 5 song set.

Edited by Suprefan

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

How long has the policy been in place cause I dont recall it being the norm and you would very much see it in practice and something to be abused by ticket holders up until now. Something like this would become a known thing and nobody worries about not paying their balance if they knew they had a backup plan for a refund cause all they gotta do is lie and the festival does not need you to prove anything. They only need you to prove something if you bought the ticket insurance and used that to get a refund.

It’s definitely been in place for a while. Hence why you use to get secret resales. I don’t think the festival advertise but i was aware of it. 

5 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So we're assuming no warning in the next 70 minutes cause somebody is asleep and wont check their messages?

And how was anything gonna come out of the NME awards when BMTH got a 5 song set.

How are you going to abuse it - just means your giving the festival a £300 loan like theres not much to gain unless you really really dislike the lineup (or can’t go - but thats hardly abuse).

NME awards has interviews