LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

32 minutes ago, wilko8 said:

It’s not like people are going to rock up to Glastonbury and there be no stages, no bands, no bars…

A package holiday would definitely detail its main selling points though.

It's mad for this place to be at each others' throats over lineup speculation for 9 months of a year and then suddenly the lineup doesn't matter when it comes to stumping up the money. If anything it matters less for other festivals where people just chill out, wait for an announcement, tickets go on sale and they go anyway.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

A package holiday would definitely detail its main selling points though.

It's mad for this place to be at each others' throats over lineup speculation for 9 months of a year and then suddenly the lineup doesn't matter when it comes to stumping up the money. If anything it matters less for other festivals where people just chill out, wait for an announcement, tickets go on sale and they go anyway.

In that case it depends whether you think Glastonbury’s main selling points are the 40/50 names we’re likely to get on the first poster. 

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Michael says a lot of things.

(Most of them include the words “best ever”.)

Just as much as he says that the headliners for the next 3 years are nailed on when we know thats just after having a quick chat with somebody.

A huge factor here is that you cannot resell your ticket for this. If you didnt like the lineup you could just sell it for a profit or break even, its that simple of an investment. Almost any festival that allows you to buy blindly will release its lineup before more tickets are sold. Has there ever been a resale without a lineup poster? 

2 of my group have paid up

2 of them said to us today they are unsure. Reason being is they think it’s a lot of money to part way with. They’ve been looking at other festivals who have their lineups out and have been tempted by them.

Tbh I find it very disappointing and I really am surprised that there has been such a massive drop off of interest. 

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

2 of them said to us today they are unsure. Reason being is they think it’s a lot of money to part way with. They’ve been looking at other festivals who have their lineups out and have been tempted by them.

Tbh I find it very disappointing and I really am surprised that there has been such a massive drop off of interest. 

Despite being the big fish in the pond when you are last to announce youve let everyone else try to lure people away with their line ups and such. If youre the type thats first out of the gate and everyone else has to follow then youre in the drivers seat.  I would imagine if Primavera had waited to announce their line up til the beginning of this year it would very much dealt a bigger blow to Glasto ticket holders cause of how much is being offered on that line up alone. People wouldve made plans and not thought twice about seeing what was going to materialize a couple months later for Glasto. Like that flurry of announcements last week surely wasnt by accident, those fests had to have an idea of what was coming so they got ahead even if it was by a few days to make people consider returning their ticket this week. 

53 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

A huge factor here is that you cannot resell your ticket for this. If you didnt like the lineup you could just sell it for a profit or break even, its that simple of an investment. Almost any festival that allows you to buy blindly will release its lineup before more tickets are sold. Has there ever been a resale without a lineup poster? 

No reselling is not a factor for this since you can get a refund up until May 6th minus the same admin fee you lose when you don’t pay the balance. 

32 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Do your friends share your love of pop?

If not, I could see people being turned off the festival by your belief in every pop star under the sun performing 

Just now, Matt42 said:

For my money, the Bearded Theory line up is absolutely staggeringly good. Completely free of piffle like Capaldi and it's still relatively cheap compared to big "family" festivals like Womad, Isle Of Wight and Latitude which are really expensive in comparison. People are naturally going to make comparisons based on value for money and when you are shelling out over a grand to take a family of four to Latitude for the weekend in the campervan, you are going to desire top notch headline acts.

11 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Do your friends share your love of pop?

If not, I could see people being turned off the festival by your belief in every pop star under the sun performing 

Extremely diverse music tastes.

Billie Eilish, HAIM, Charli XCX, Diana Ross, Rina Sawayama, Dua Lipa, Sam Fender, Kacey Musgraves, Olivia Rodrigo, Wolf Alice, Fontaines DC would all be acts we’d see together I think. 

They are quite tempted by Wireless especially since Doja and Megan are there. It was also very difficult to stop 2 of them going primavera instead of Glasto. Massive Attack, Gorilaz, Tyler the Creator all big pulls for my group.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Billie Eilish, HAIM, Charli XCX, Diana Ross, Rina Sawayama, Dua Lipa, Sam Fender, Kacey Musgraves, Olivia Rodrigo, Wolf Alice, Fontaines DC would all be acts we’d see together I think. 

So they all like pop just as much as you then? Extremely diverse wouldn't be the words I'd use to describe those artists.

1 minute ago, Miyn said:

So they all like pop just as much as you then? Extremely diverse wouldn't be the words I'd use to describe those artists.

To be honest I’d expect a lot of young people who are excited about those acts to be excited about Sam Fender and Wolf Alice as well lol.

9 minutes ago, Miyn said:

I said that is who we would see together. There are plenty of acts we would see separate.

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They are quite tempted by Wireless especially since Doja and Megan are there. It was also very difficult to stop 2 of them going primavera instead of Glasto. Massive Attack, Gorilaz, Tyler the Creator all big pulls for my group.

That's not extremely diverse lol

At least we know they have not been put off by the conversations of who you think his playing and the acts you are excited by

7 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Who would you go and see that you can't convince your mates to come with you?

Reckon il be the only person at Kendrick,  Jack White, Wet Leg, Lorde if they are booked.

a few would be at Pet Shop Boys, Happy Mondays, Anderson Paak, Kelis, Thundercat etc if they were booked who I am not too fussed about. 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Reckon il be the only person at Kendrick,  Jack White, Wet Leg, Lorde if they are booked.

a few would be at Pet Shop Boys, Happy Mondays, Anderson Paak, Kelis, Thundercat etc if they were booked who I am not too fussed about. 

I'll come with you to Baby Keem 🥰

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Divein said:

Really fits with the Glastonbury ethos doesnt it.....

Well, it does.

The "Glastonbury ethos" isn't just all the best things you can think of. For decades, Michael has had a bee in his bonnet about being able to sell out the festival on its own basis, not because of who is playing. I'm not going to get into whether that's a good thing or not, it's a debate that seems to be covered on here already - but forcing people to decide whether they're going without knowing who is playing is very much in the Glastonbury ethos. Glastonbury has long been a "it is what it is - take it or leave it" kind of place.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, assorted said:

No reselling is not a factor for this since you can get a refund up until May 6th minus the same admin fee you lose when you don’t pay the balance. 

Yeah it is. If you had the ability to pay for it in full and then turn around and sell it yourself that makes more people inclined to just pay for it and then make a decision later. Or if you know, life gets in the way you didnt just piss away almost 300 quid cause somebody else will buy your ticket.

7 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah it is. If you had the ability to pay for it in full and then turn around and sell it yourself that makes more people inclined to just pay for it and then make a decision later. Or if you know, life gets in the way you didnt just piss away almost 300 quid cause somebody else will buy your ticket.

Yeah, you can get a full refund minus a £25 administrative fee (same fee you’d eat if you don’t pay after putting down the deposit.  Yes, you can’t resell for a profit, but to be very clear, you have the ability to “pay for it in full, and then turn around and” request a refund and get your money back. (Up until May 6th, and this was just about deciding based on the poster, and I presume the poster will be out by then. I can only hope considering this thread 😉 ). 

Link to what I am typing - https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/#CANC