LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

I can't imagine that it will be before Tuesday.

I can see the logic in releasing the poster soon after the payment window closes (12.00am Monday night), in that it says "This is what you have won!" to those with tickets and is an advert to those who are looking towards the resales. I'd understand if they released it just before the balance was due in order to allow people who weren't excited to drop out and leave their tickets to people who want it more. Posting the lineup now, halfway through, just seems pointless. Unless there's been a slow takeup of the ticket, I suppose.

3 minutes ago, FrankieX said:

I can't imagine that it will be before Tuesday.

I can see the logic in releasing the poster soon after the payment window closes (12.00am Monday night), in that it says "This is what you have won!" to those with tickets and is an advert to those who are looking towards the resales. I'd understand if they released it just before the balance was due in order to allow people who weren't excited to drop out and leave their tickets to people who want it more. Posting the lineup now, halfway through, just seems pointless. Unless there's been a slow takeup of the ticket, I suppose.

The first poster has dropped either before the payment window or during it for 5 of the last 6 festivals. 2015 being the odd one out.

Chances are higher during the next couple of days than any day after Monday...

I'd cast that video to the abyss of my mind but now it's back. I don't even need to watch it again to feel the anger swelling. I mean, in a way, fair play to them for getting the whole thing on a freebie. But on the other hand, fuck them and every twat who has ever liked one of their videos.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

The idea that someone is more “deserving” of a ticket is very disturbing indeed.

I didn't mean it like that, but i do feel that Glastonbury would rather have people there that are there for the show they put on in all of its intricacies rather than just some punter there for a few acts.

15 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I skipped some of that because it was awful but I’ve just realised they left after Adele? At least it looks like it the way it’s edited. Worse than I first thought. 

Arrived at midday Friday, wore boot covers on top of wellys. Jesus. Waste of two tickets.

Edit: sorry, they watched the football Switzerland, Austria and filmed themselves during Adele. Some poor girl is having an emotional moment to someone like you and is full on in their camera shot!

Edited by Leyrulion

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Today ive taken up gardening ,this thread has driven me to it  ....  there we go we have an announcement .... hopefully peace and harmony resumes 🙂 

Are you taking out your frustration on the plants? Reminds me of my favourite scene in Life of Brian:

EDDIE: I'm worrying about what you have got against birds.

BRIAN: I haven't got anything against the birds. Consider the lilies.

ARTHUR: He's having a go at the flowers now.

EDDIE: Oh, give the flowers a chance.

3 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

That's a good point. I wonder if it'll ever have an impact on the festivals reputation. If they don't pull it out with the lineup that could put people off, which will help with tickets in the future!

I really dont see the instant sellout going away anytime soon. If they limited the amount of tickets that were sold via deposit and then put the rest on sale after the poster dropped then things might be different. But theyre content with making ticket holders having to fully commit due to the ticketing terms. I mean lets imagine the resale market if it was a possibility for the fest, some people would pay double with just the initial poster drop.

Edited by Suprefan

7 hours ago, wilko8 said:

All this demanding a line up before paying the ticket balance chat is coming across as super weird entitlement. 

if you’re not happy with it, don’t pay. 

The line up won’t exactly match you’re Spotify playlist, but there will still be much more good stuff to see/do than there are hours in your festival day. 

How is it entitled to pay for something, especially as a first timer (which I’m not) to see what you’re getting before you pay for it?!