LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

From the self-confirmations so far and the likely additions from who's touring, it seems a lot of it is the same.

The assertion was that they should have released the lineup already because they said the lineup is mostly the same as 2020. I'm not sure where they've confirmed this? 

I agree with you that it's likely there will be a lot of cross over acts from 2020 but given two years have passed there will be more changes then there would have been for 2021. 

Certainly nothing to suggest that they'd be able to give a full poster earlier then they ever done before.

Edited by Leyrulion

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

The assertion was that they should have released the lineup already because they said the lineup is mostly the same as 2020. I'm not sure where they've confirmed this? 

I agree with you that it's likely there will be a lot of cross over acts from 2020 but given two years have passed there will be more changes then there would have been for 2021. 

Certainly nothing to suggest that they'd be able to give a full poster earlier then they ever done before.

It’s only a week earlier than 2020 was but I agree. These things are defined by artists not wanting to announce until such a date, rather than them not having the names together yet.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

If they didnt have this balance window be so early then

The balance window is early because the VAT on ticket sales goes from 12.5% to 20% on 1st April. 

Over 135,000 £280 tickets that's just north of 3 million quid.

That's the reason for it being early, artists announcements will happen when they can.

And tbh with an extra 3 million they might actually get Glastonbury on sea finished in time

Edited by Leyrulion

Like everyone else, I'm hoping the poster is this week, but I'm also considering the possibility that even though the payment dates were pulled up a month, nothing else about how they operate is being pulled up a month. And I bet there are reasons that do not allow for a first poster even if many of the acts have been getting rolled over for 2 years running. If that's all true, then we shouldn't expect a first poster significantly any earlier than the earliest it has ever been in the past, which according to the Thingy was March 12 way back in... 2020.

I would add what's reassuring to me about this is if the poster doesn't come this week, that doesn't mean anything is wrong or headliners or acts in doubt, it just means they are operating on their normal schedule, just with an earlier balance payment and resale for the already listed reasons.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I'm pretty chilled about the whole thing, the poster will come when it comes and we probably already know 60-70% of the acts that will be on there anyway.

Seems to be an awful amount of people getting their knickers in a twist about it this year and demanding it be released this week.

I would stay hold off till mid May just to spite them. 😂

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

NME Awards tomorrow night. If nothing official is announced, that's usually a good source of info. 

In that case my money's on tomorrow.

Release lineup in the morning, and then later NME will do a lot of work for them as it's likely they'll be asking about Glastonbury in all the interviews they'll be doing

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

NME Awards tomorrow night. If nothing official is announced, that's usually a good source of info. 

Sometimes but it's usually when Emily is there and a bit tiddly. They're naturally not in the mix for Best Festival this year so probably no reason to show up. Long trek for a free bar.

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Seems to be an awful amount of people getting their knickers in a twist about it this year and demanding it be released this week.

I can certainly understand people who have either just spent, or are about to spend, a significant amount of money on a ticket wanting to know what they’re getting. I don’t think that’s an unreasonable position, especially amongst the non-obsessives out there    who haven’t spent the last year piecing the lineup together from tour dates, hints and other info.

Like I said, doesn’t really bother me as I know how these things work, but there are plenty of folk out there who won’t.

It’s a lot of money to spend for something you don’t quite know if it’s going to take your fancy. 

when there could be another festival that grabs you more. 

if the line up isn’t released by the close of the balance window then, possibly more tickets get returned after the resale which could cause secret resales. 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I can certainly understand people who have either just spent, or are about to spend, a significant amount of money on a ticket wanting to know what they’re getting. I don’t think that’s an unreasonable position, especially amongst the non-obsessives out there    who haven’t spent the last year piecing the lineup together from tour dates, hints and other info.

Like I said, doesn’t really bother me as I know how these things work, but there are plenty of folk out there who won’t.

Surely the majority know that the line up comes after the balance payments?

We’ve got newbies coming with us this year and they know what the deal is and that it will be good and not having a full line up doesn’t affect them paying the balance or not.

Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

Why didn't we all agree to not pay off our balances until the weekend and they may have released the poster to encourage sales due to low uptake?

Or even a bit longer.. if everyone waits and pays it on Tuesday next week, that should send the message.

23 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Surely the majority know that the line up comes after the balance payments?

We’ve got newbies coming with us this year and they know what the deal is and that it will be good and not having a full line up doesn’t affect them paying the balance or not.

Most recent years we have had a poster in or around balance week, and that’s what many people will be expecting now. A lot of people have noticed or particularly care that it’s been brought forward a month.

I would find it stunning if the balance window closes without any artist announcement, regardless of the fact that its earlier due to the VAT change. Its the one thing there is a pattern for in recent years, it comes out before balances close.

if youre looking for a resale ticket your ideal scenario is no artist announcement though. Lots will be returned already due to circumstantial changes but then no press from no lineup will certainly lead to a few more not being paid due to people either forgetting or being unwilling to commit without names.

I really don’t see what’s so shocking about many ticket holders wanting the line up now before the balance payment window. Not everyone has the same attitude as us lot on here and on the back end of a global pandemic plus the cost of living going through the roof, money is tighter for a lot more people. So maybe forgive them for wanting some bands before parting with their cash. 

I would hope the festival don’t take this attitude either and it’s a case of not being ready and they arnt holding it back for the sake of it. I’d be quite annoyed if no bands were announced between now and the end of the window, 

• Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

As someone who's been a fair few times and is on the forum, happy to pay my balance without a lineup as I know it will be brilliant.

But i can understand frustration of being asked to pay 280 quid with little to go on if your new to it, especially when times have been tough for many.

Saying that I think announcement of sorts will come before deadline day.

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

The balance window is early because the VAT on ticket sales goes from 12.5% to 20% on 1st April. 

Over 135,000 £280 tickets that's just north of 3 million quid.

That's the reason for it being early, artists announcements will happen when they can.

And tbh with an extra 3 million they might actually get Glastonbury on sea finished in time

Yet there are 2 more weeks in March to have the window open and not get into April to save themselves the cash. It didnt have to be today, couldve been the 15th and things wouldve been ok.

9 minutes ago, Divein said:

I really don’t see what’s so shocking about many ticket holders wanting the line up now before the balance payment window

There's nothing shocking about it, it's just there's no real reason to expect it.

I had expected headliners though.

27 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Its the one thing there is a pattern for in recent years, it comes out before balances close.

It has only been the pattern for the last 3 festivals.

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yet there are 2 more weeks in March to have the window open and not get into April to save themselves the cash. It didnt have to be today, couldve been the 15th and things wouldve been ok.

Doing it now though means they can squeeze the resale in before the end of the month as well, so theoretically 100% of ticket sales falls this tax year (though there'll undoubtedly be a tiny amount of returns)