LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

2 hours ago, stuie said:

They are paying for a ticket to Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts. 

If you don't have enough faith in the festival to deliver, then don't pay the balance.   

Normally I would agree, but with what's gone on over the last couple of years, I think there should be a bit more given to us.

A thought on this Thursday thing. Wasn't the theory that they had been releasing pictures of each previous year every 4 days, leading up to this years poster on Thursday? 

They haven't posted the 2019 picture yet so they've broken the "every 4 days" pattern so I guess we could be waiting longer than Thursday based on that. I refuse to believe they posted pictures in order by chance so I reckon we'll be getting a 2019 picture before this years poster.

Of course this could all be wrong and there could be no pattern 👀

37 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Foals doing an insta live at 5pm if anyone fancies trying to eeek a glasto confirmation from them

Or asking them if they think they're bigger than The 1975. Need that putting to bed once and for all.

Edited by DareToDibble
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

A thought on this Thursday thing. Wasn't the theory that they had been releasing pictures of each previous year every 4 days, leading up to this years poster on Thursday? 

They haven't posted the 2019 picture yet so they've broken the "every 4 days" pattern so I guess we could be waiting longer than Thursday based on that. I refuse to believe they posted pictures in order by chance so I reckon we'll be getting a 2019 picture before this years poster.

Of course this could all be wrong and there could be no pattern 👀

It wasn’t every 4 days. They were posted on the 14th, 17th, 21st, 25th.

10 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

When was the last time the poster was released without us having a rough idea? I feel like we usually have some info up to a day before it happens, either from Neil's stand by your beds updates or someone else suggesting it's coming.

It was definitely in the evening as was in the pub after work when it dropped 

23 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

When was the last time the poster was released without us having a rough idea? I feel like we usually have some info up to a day before it happens, either from Neil's stand by your beds updates or someone else suggesting it's coming.

I am sure one year Neil gave us like am hour notice and it dropped that night 

24 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah exactly. Every year we have people waiting in these threads hoping it’s gonna come at the next hour mark. But it’s always clearly not happening. We’ll hear from someone when it’s inbound.

5 hours ago, stuie said:

They are paying for a ticket to Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts. 

If you don't have enough faith in the festival to deliver, then don't pay the balance.   

Its more that they dont really have a reason as to why it couldnt be released before the balance window opened. Theyve been claiming that most of the lineup was intact these last 2 years with just some slight tweaks. You cant tell me theyre dropping the ball that badly on getting everyone sorted by now. Sure, theyre constantly working and trying to get it all taken care of but this was the bare minimum goal to have met by today. If they didnt have this balance window be so early then there wouldnt be as much uproar. Its not even about the paying blind thing either. Plenty of people understand that youre getting a golden ticket if you secure the booking the year before. But youve made people wait 2 1/2 years to get their proper festival lineup, so just release it on time. Its all the people are asking for. If they put the poster up next Weds there will be riots. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1