LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

13 minutes ago, rascalpete said:

When does the build typically start?

That's not an easy question - because they own the core land and employ staff year round, the build isn't quite as defined as it may be at other festivals.

In terms of the earliest prep work, mostly done by the regular farm hands, any time from about now onwards if it hasn't already started.

In terms of first time it's visible and recognisable on the webcam (usually Pyramid/Longdrops being set up), early to mid April.

In terms of the external people such as security and the fence crew arriving on site, the start of May.

1 minute ago, incident said:

In terms of first time it's visible and recognisable on the webcam (usually Pyramid/Longdrops being set up), early to mid April.

I went for a site walk in April 2016 and was surprised it had not started to have its cover on at that point.  Must have been a late start that year!

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I went for a site walk in April 2016 and was surprised it had not started to have its cover on at that point.  Must have been a late start that year!

I assume that because it's a task done by the farm hands, it'll be based around the schedule of the Dairy Farm to a large degree - so basically they'll do it early because they've got the time and it gets it out of the way, but if there's other demands then it can be pushed back by weeks or even a couple months.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, incident said:

I assume that because it's a task done by the farm hands, it'll be based around the schedule of the Dairy Farm to a large degree - so basically they'll do it early because they've got the time and it gets it out of the way, but if there's other demands then it can be pushed back by weeks or even a couple months.

They have to have the cows moved out the fields 2 months before the fest, so they'll probably start after that's done.

7 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

8 hours or so until March.

Everyone got their snacks ready to stand by their beds?

The next few days of sleuthing are going to be very intense.

ive got a  couple more shifts this week and then ive got some holiday im using up so if Emily could kindly leave any announcements until after 12 on wed that would be great 🙂 ..... oh and how do I set up alerts from any glastonbury tweets or insta ? im presuming thats possible 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive got a  couple more shifts this week and then ive got some holiday im using up so if Emily could kindly leave any announcements until after 12 on wed that would be great 🙂 ..... oh and how do I set up alerts from any glastonbury tweets or insta ? im presuming thats possible 

Click the little bell next to the word following to activate notifications 

5442820B-D844-409A-B1B4-AA41AB2F0D7F.png

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think you might get your wish.

Thurs 8am is where my money is at.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Latitude announces at 10.00 tomorrow and it'd be a bit of a dick move from the festival to get in ahead of them.

Tbf Latitude have picked the balance payment day! Still wouldn’t rule out tomorrow before it opens, but I think there may well be something to the pictures they’ve been posting and we’re looking at Thursday 

Surely it makes sense to announce mid-balance. People will jump the gun and pay then potentially not like the lineup - but have already paid and then others will not be too sure then see paul mccartney and pay it off. It gives the best of both worlds and would lead to the most deposits being paid