LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

As I’ve just mentioned in another thread, lots of people (including myself) have experienced major life changes over the past few years so will be wanting a line-up before committing to spending so much money in one go. I think we’ll get one either late tomorrow night or first thing Tuesday with an announcement to pay for your ticket.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Monday which is Feb 28 and the eve of March. Is everyone going to blow a gasket if comes out tomorrow and its not March by one day? We're gonna cancel Emily Eavis for bringing the lineup out earlier by 24 hours? Thatll be a site to see. That McCartney tweet ended up being pre emptive and theyre ready to go. I dont think so many festivals putting out their line ups and such on thurs and friday was just for the hell of it.

I mean she literally said March.

No one would begrudge it arriving earlier but given she said March herself and nothing as far as I’m aware has indicated it would come sooner then I’d say March still seems most logical?

The McCartney wordle tweet fits with the “more lineup news in Feb” she also said but quite understandably given other goings on gave the festival cold feet on officially confirming.

It’s coming this week I’m sure of it but Tues onwards with Thurs 8am being where my money is going.

I’m somewhat leaning towards Wednesday now only because no one has really been saying Wednesday - we all seem to be Tuesday or Thursday crew here.

Also from a comms point of view

Tuesday 1st March - I think the only comms from the festival will be “hey you can pay your balances now”. Will probably be the priority, and answering any FAQ’s associated with that.

Wednesday 2nd March / Thursday 3rd of March they can dedicate all of their comms channels to promoting the lineup. They will probably want to change the website to focus on the lineup so one day covering balances only is good stuff.

Edited by Matt42

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m somewhat leaning towards Wednesday now only because no one has really been saying Wednesday - we all seem to be Tuesday or Thursday crew here.

Also from a comms point of view

Tuesday 1st March - I think the only comms from the festival will be “hey you can pay your balances now”. Will probably be the priority, and answering any FAQ’s associated with that.

Wednesday 2nd March / Thursday 3rd of March they can dedicate all of their comms channels to promoting the lineup. They will probably want to change the website to focus on the lineup so one day covering balances only is good stuff.

I also think they’ll avoid the Wireless announcement Monday and Latitude Tuesday.  I get the feeling they’d not steal withers thunder

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

I also think they’ll avoid the Wireless announcement Monday and Latitude Tuesday.  I get the feeling they’d not steal withers thunder

Shit forgot about that. 

Yeah no earlier than Wednesday I’d say. No need to stand by your beds. 

1 minute ago, sisco said:

This is @FloorFiller telling me I had no chance of Biffy in Ermm (2017 I think) all over again

Tbf biffy on the lineup in 2017 was a massive massive surprise to me. I didn’t see them but I thought it was quite surprising they’d been booked as a sub. 

I can’t actually remember who I saw on that Sunday I was pretty wrecked from the night before.

15 minutes ago, sisco said:

Hang on!! What has The Thingy heard? Has this been discussed? @Gnomicide get over here sunshine

Nothing that hasn't already been discussed on here. Gav's posts are always.... interesting. 

Insert rock band of choice despite there being no way they're playing. 

Disliking everything else.

I work the festival dontchaknow.

Tuesday is the best day.