LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Reading the last 5 pages hoping we had some info on when we’d get an announcement just to discover it was all Olive chat. 
Disappointed doesn’t even come close.

I can also confirm that Olives are grim.

20338866-C0F2-4085-A014-499C04C75E9E.jpeg.999d6256bb053668c6758fdedd3a4edd.jpeg

this Olive from on the buses was anything but grim.! 

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Perhaps the Little Simz info was what Emily was referring to as being the news we were getting in February after all…

Yep, maybe we've had the Feb info so they're just waiting til Tuesday to open the balance window and drop the full poster.

14 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

She said that on the day of little simz announcement though. It wouldn't make sense to say "more news by the end of Feb", and mean 3 hours later.

Didn’t someone on here say she decided to announce Little Simz on her way to that interview?

Maybe that is who she was talking about and after saying that she thought “fuck it I’ll just do it now”.

13 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

I’d agree with this. I think we’ll get something before the end of the month- but it will only confirming Macca or Kenny.

Most likely reading of it all is that Kenny/Macca/both have told the festival that their dates will be out by the end of the month and they'll be good to announce.

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

Pretty sure we'll just get the first poster next week, unless Macca goes rogue again and announces himself. It's all out in the press now anyway, the festival has probably gotten enough coverage anyway the last week or so.

Yeah correct me if I’m wrong but is this the first time in a while the festival hasn’t jumped on a press avalanche and confirmed the act? 

If the poster is coming next week I don’t see why they’d confirm an act now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah correct me if I’m wrong but is this the first time in a while the festival hasn’t jumped on a press avalanche and confirmed the act? 

This is my take. Macca and Kendrick are effectively confirmed by the media, if not officially. I'm not expecting anything now until the poster drops

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

festival follows their own announcement plan and don't dance to the media.

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Don’t they only do this when the act self-confirms, like Billie (and McCartney last time)?

3 minutes ago, sjseabass said:

Don’t they only do this when the act self-confirms, like Billie (and McCartney last time)?

I think so. If you check back over some of the weirder early one off announcements (Kris Kristofferson, Jack Johnson), it's because they have self confirmed.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Did Billie Eilish self confirm or was it part of an announcement plan? I remember her Tweeting a picture of herself with a GF hoodie (strong footballer being unveiled vibes) and the festival confirming. Always thought it was planned that way, otherwise where did the hoodie come from?

It very much came across as a self-confirm and then a scramble from Emily and the gang to officially confirm pretty soon after. That was my take anyway, think they probably would've gone for something a bit more high-key to announce Billie no?

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Did Billie Eilish self confirm or was it part of an announcement plan? I remember her Tweeting a picture of herself with a GF hoodie (strong footballer being unveiled vibes) and the festival confirming. Always thought it was planned that way, otherwise where did the hoodie come from?

Yeah, I think it was planned. It wasn't like someone accidentally left the date on a tour poster which is how a lot of self confirms happen.

32 minutes ago, sjseabass said:

I think they did it when the Who were announced by the Sun in 2015 and also maybe Lana in 2020. There are probably more examples but they have jumped on a media storm before.