LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

4 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

You'll need a ticket first!

Yep goes without saying mate!

5 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Anyone know if they have one of them guys that sells little cups of sweetcorn with different flavours? 

EDIT: Like this

20160310100753GALLERY%202.JPG

18B5BCA4-EF11-4710-9CA6-E8E5E68C8DBB.jpeg.ab640652e2a9fc50d419dd5eb1f874c4.jpeg

Just now, JoeyT said:

I don’t know how we’ve ended up on the subject of Olives but it’s a thumbs up from me!

Agreed Joey mate. Never found any at Glasto before. First thing on my agenda next time I’m there.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

I asked a question about that in the other part of the forum but you mention that here so I will ask directly.  Would be a problem to carry a pack of beers (12/18) with their package per person and just put them down the coach next to your stuff? I am talking about carrying them out of any backpack.

I've coached the last five Glastonburys and never had a problem taking booze. Golden rule is 'don't take the piss', I think. 

A single crate of beer is fine - I've seen far worse (trolleys!) and people have gotten away with it.

9 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I don't think any festival really needs an app.

For line up info it makes perfect sense.  The print size in the lanyard is a struggle at the best of times, especially for the smaller stages. 

It becomes more and more impossible to read as the day goes on and my vision becomes blurred. And I don't even try reading it after dark! 

So +1 for the app from me.

18 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Has any festival managed to come up with a decent app? All shite.

The Shambala one is pretty good.

Actually, one of the early Orange/EE Glastonbury ones was fine, before presumably the marketing people had their say.

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

For line up info it makes perfect sense.  The print size in the lanyard is a struggle at the best of times, especially for the smaller stages. 

It becomes more and more impossible to read as the day goes on and my vision becomes blurred. And I don't even try reading it after dark! 

So +1 for the app from me.

Real ones walk about with a battered folded up clashfinder in their pocket! 

• Upvote 1

My top tip for not needing an app or a print out - Export your Clashfinder to Google Calendar (or whatever alternative). Works a treat in terms of showing you what's coming up, and should integrate with your phone better and less obnoxiously than the EE app.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, incident said:

My top tip for not needing an app or a print out - Export your Clashfinder to Google Calendar (or whatever alternative). Works a treat in terms of showing you what's coming up, and should integrate with your phone better and less obnoxiously than the EE app.

I just screenshot each day and set it as my phone background. 

Your way is more fancy though. 

35 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Until all times change due to a storm and you find Paolo Nutini no longer clashes with Elbow and Rudinental are still playing but you think Interpol are another band.

Haha I think the first time I took a proper phone to a festival was when they fucked up the timings on the day in 2015 and shifted Motörhead to clash with Run the Jewels. Would’ve been fuming if I turned up with my paper clashfinder to find that they weren’t even on.

That storm was wild, though. All I had to see after it was Elbow and Arcade Fire so thankfully could just park at the Pyramid and not have to worry about changing timeslots or anything.

1 hour ago, whitehorses said:

Co op surely for olives 

Olives come in glass, not sure what the glastonbury co-op was like but Reading, Latitude and IOW have all had bare essentials - certainly no olives. Hardly worth the hassle of moving them to plastic for such a niche item