LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

On 2/20/2022 at 2:35 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, I’m like a kid waiting for Xmas day. I know what the big presents will probably be but unaware totally of the smaller surprises. The poster will deliver them! Always nice seeing the Park line up, Avalon and acoustic posters drop. Usually a few surprises there. Not long to go either way 

The best part with the Avalon posters is playing spot the difference with previous years.

54 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I suppose I could possibly give that a try, but last time my Bristol friends did a festival, their car was packed full. Can't imagine them being able to fit anything else in. 

I wonder if it's possible to just arrive at the coach gate and explain that I couldn't make it, and see if they have a ticket/wristband waiting for me there?

They definitely hold tickets of missed bus people, think it's the hospitality point at Gate A if I remember rightly. They go through alot of security checks and you have to provide proof of who you are (passport / driving licence) along with everything else. They really are thorough and it takes about a hour as a few people need to make sure the ticket is going to the real ticket holder. 

7 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Was always curious about this. What if you miss your coach, family emergency, traffic/train delays. I'm sure they can't just say 'well tough luck no festival for you'.

Yeah there were issues at the o2 when it was pissing down, loads of delays, people turning up late and being put on the next available coach that had a space.  Defo happens

12 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Was always curious about this. What if you miss your coach, family emergency, traffic/train delays. I'm sure they can't just say 'well tough luck no festival for you'.

When I got the coach in 2015 we arrived at 6am (for a 6.30am departure) to a group of Spanish people all screaming and shouting at each other. it turned out they had forgotten their tent (!) and they then phoned a friend to go and collect it and deliver it to the departure point.

it meant that we left almost 30 mins late, the driver was luckily very nice about it given 70 other people were sat and ready to go…the flip side was then he ticked over his allotted driving time so we then had to sit at Melksham services on the M4 for nearly an hour before his taco (?) thing would let him drive again.

the Spanish group were VERY sheepish on the journey down! 😄

59 minutes ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

My understanding is that the festival will never publicly state it - but over the years I've seen various posts saying that if you have a coach ticket and don't catch the coach your festival ticket will be held for you at the ticket office at Pedestrian Gate A.

Yep. I did this in 2016. 

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

469290750_Screenshot2022-02-21at21_49_44.thumb.png.a5f1bb2f2f90b982e5fad4a4486c8160.pngThis one?

In the email it says "Please note - If you have booked from Bristol or London your departure town and times of departure are also listed above FOR EXAMPLE - LONDON SINGLE TRAVEL (DEP 08:00)", but I can't find anything at all...

Hmmm. That’s very odd.

would speak to See Tickets to confirm the time then also ask about changing it (but I suspect they will say no!)

32 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The best part with the Avalon posters is playing spot the difference with previous years.

True! There’s a certain formula:

Hobo Jones to kick it off

Numerous folk rock bands with a fiddle player

One really old folk act

One pop act that had a few hits 40+ years ago

A couple of jokey acts 

A couple of American country/bluegrass acts 

Some female singer/songwriters

One male act that might have made it big but didn’t 

err, that’s it!

So. 

@glastofest just posted a lovely photo from 2016. 4 days ago they also posted a lovely photo from 2015.

4 DAYS BEFORE THAT they posted.... you guessed it! A LOOOVELY photo from 2014!

If they continue with these calculations, photos from 2017 & 2019 in the coming days & then

First lineup poster on 6th March?

edit: maths was a bit off, 3 day gap between the ‘14 & ‘15 pics. But there’s something

Edited by Neondrift
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Neondrift said:

So. 
@glastofest just posted a lovely photo from 2016. 4 days ago they also posted a lovely photo from 2015.

4 DAYS BEFORE THAT they posted.... you guessed it. A LOOOVELY photo from 2014.

If they continue with these calculations, photos from 2017 & 2019 in the coming days & then

Good spot!

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

469290750_Screenshot2022-02-21at21_49_44.thumb.png.a5f1bb2f2f90b982e5fad4a4486c8160.pngThis one?

In the email it says "Please note - If you have booked from Bristol or London your departure town and times of departure are also listed above FOR EXAMPLE - LONDON SINGLE TRAVEL (DEP 08:00)", but I can't find anything at all...

Mine is the same, let me know what seetickets said. Potentially its only on lead bookers email i think??

41 minutes ago, Neondrift said:

So. 

4 DAYS BEFORE THAT they posted.... you guessed it! A LOOOVELY photo from 2014!

edit: maths was a bit off, 3 day gap between the ‘14 & ‘15 pics. But there’s something

Yeah this is the kind of shit this thread is really about, love it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Right so yer man on the facebook was saying that usually the coach driver gives the tickets to the lead booker in each group. I was in a group so hopefully i'll be fine then? Can just get them to meet me at the Coach gate

Not sure if it’s different now but when I did the coach in 2015 the driver ticked everyone’s name off a list when we showed our e coach ticket and ID.

That then meant our envelope was good to be handed over on the way down. 

11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Right so yer man on the facebook was saying that usually the coach driver gives the tickets to the lead booker in each group. I was in a group so hopefully i'll be fine then? Can just get them to meet me at the Coach gate

I think it's strongly dependent on your drivers mood at the 6am pick up.

16 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Ive heard and read reports of any variation of, tickets handed out at start of coach, middle of journey, and end of journey, and given out individually and to the lead booker. 

basically from everything I’ve read/heard it depends on the driver.

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

There are only so many coaches in the country available and each coach is fully booked, so for every person who wants to swap from one departure point to another, you need someone that also needs to do the same swap in the opposite direction. I appreciate it's a pain for those whose circumstances have changed, but equally it would be a logistical nightmare (it would have to be a manual process, or some sort of bespoke software created to handle it) for Glastonbury/See to do it, so surely people can see why it’s just not worth their time and hassle? 

So let them swap for general admission?

4 hours ago, leonaves said:

So let them swap for general admission?

Yes, if that was allowed no doubt thousands of people would suddenly and miraculously no longer be able to go from their original destination so they could get GA tickets instead. Of course they could insist on proof, but again that would he ridiculously labour intensive to have to scrutinise a load of applications for GA tickets.

It’s a mile inconvenience for a few people, but people seem to think it’s easy for them to individually just swap their coach ticket for a different one, even though the one they want to go on instead is fully booked.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

9 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Some departure points don't have times listed. You book on and then about 3 weeks out you get an email with your departure time. 

My hazy memory is that London always had the times but I live in Manchester and we just have to hope we get an early departure. It seemed to work that the earlier you booked your ticket the earlier in the day you got a coach. 

This time we could only get Birmingham - looking forward to the logistics of getting to Brum the night before or whatever but this are all minor inconveniences of course if you get to go!!