LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

9 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I'm unsure of where my limit is. I think when it starts to get to £350, thats when I've gotta start thinking. At that point you can get a 7 day all inclusive holiday with flights. 

I think other things will stop us going to G before the price does, like not getting tickets on T day, or distance, we are selling up and going travelling in a few years.

the price will eventually, if it hasn’t already, chance the demographics of attendees, the demographics have changed but I don’t think that’s down to the price of the ticket. More down to the festival changing as society changes. 

13 minutes ago, Smeble said:

£230+5 booking fee, almost doubled since my first in ‘07. Just shows how much more it costs to put on shows like this now. Up £32 from ‘19, almost guaranteed to break £300 next year. 

Yes, you start to wonder when/if it’ll top out anytime soon.

Particularly given that attendance has only increased in that time too + extras (glamping etc) has expanded a lot.

It would be nice to see a breakdown of the cost without trawling through the company accounts.

For example, if the charity donations have gone up 10% or its to do with offsetting carbon, or paying artists lower down the bill better then I’d feel better about it.

Whereas if its just more dough is going to booking bigger headliners then that sucks for me given how few I tend to watch.

1 minute ago, mattiloy said:

Particularly given that attendance has only increased in that time too + extras (glamping etc) has expanded a lot.

It would be nice to see a breakdown of the cost without trawling through the company accounts.

For example, if the charity donations have gone up 10% or its to do with offsetting carbon, or paying artists lower down the bill better then I’d feel better about it.

Whereas if its just more dough is going to booking bigger headliners then that sucks for me given how few I tend to watch.

My guess it’s just higher running costs, insurance, security, police, logistics. Having to cancel 2 years running won’t have helped. 

1 minute ago, mattiloy said:

I agree, also if GFL are using the money for good it would look great on them. It starts to sting when you also add coach packages - I'll have been 8 times this year and been successful in coach packages over general sale for nearly all of them.

5 minutes ago, Smeble said:

I think other things will stop us going to G before the price does, like not getting tickets on T day, or distance, we are selling up and going travelling in a few years.

the price will eventually, if it hasn’t already, chance the demographics of attendees, the demographics have changed but I don’t think that’s down to the price of the ticket. More down to the festival changing as society changes. 

I had a job change at the start of this year, making it really difficult for me to get time off during the summer (mid June - late August) Glastonbury is pretty much the only thing I can do now over the summer. I also now have a long time partner, who loves doing the festivals but also wants to do holidays. The price+time of vs value of the festival is still amazing, at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I bet you can’t see this.

You're not that much of a High Jass that I have to do that. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

I had a job change at the start of this year, making it really difficult for me to get time off during the summer (mid June - late August) Glastonbury is pretty much the only thing I can do now over the summer. I also now have a long time partner, who loves doing the festivals but also wants to do holidays. The price+time of vs value of the festival is still amazing, at the moment. 

Yeah changing jobs is tough on holidays. We tend to let Ticket Day decide what we do during the summer, if we get G tickets then that’s what we do, if not we do something else, emigrating has changed that a bit. There’s only a few things we will come back to the UK for, Glastonbury being the main one.

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Doubt it'll be today with the emails and updates going out but could well be tomorrow

Yup, unsure of the patterns (there is no pattern) but I don't think Glastonbury have put out 2 'major' posts in a day the same day. We might not even get anything until Friday. Emily saying 'End of Feb' in that interview.

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Yup, unsure of the patterns (there is no pattern) but I don't think Glastonbury have put out 2 'major' posts in a day the same day. We might not even get anything until Friday. Emily saying 'End of Feb' in that interview.

But the official social media accounts haven't posted anything about the ticket info/resales that is now on the website, so maybe there could be something else imminent? (Potentially pushed Macca forward due to the reporting in the media)

21 minutes ago, Smeble said:

I'm probably similar, I can afford to go each year, but that's because at the moment I'm not married nor do I have children, but that sort of stuff is probably on not-so-far-off-horizon.

My girlfriend also doesn't do festivals so for me to go to Glastonbury with my mates, we then also have to go away separately at another point in the summer!

4 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

So sending ticket purchasers an email is now considered an announcement.

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Never said it was an announcement, I just don't remember a time when they put 2 posts up on the site on the same day, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Seems like most people are saying it wont be today based of off this. 

Edited by chazwwe

5 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Sue in the office is worn out after all those emails.  She'll make a poster tomorrow, OK. 

One of the other major announcements for me is going to be my See Tickets coach departure and return times....really does affect a lot of factors for when we arrive and how much of the Sunday night I can enjoy!

Anyone know how/when they will announce it? I've not got the coach since 2015.

We need 2 more in the resale (ideally coach) and me, the only one with any experience of seeing past the hoding page, will be mid-atlantic at the time. 

Anyone got anything good to report about KLM in-flight Wi-Fi? 😅

I got mine in the original coach sale sat in Geneva Airport as my flight was delayed, using mobile internet. I believe getting mid flight is what the ticket gods will reward. If not its a late night and trying to not get too drunk before the 3am sale

It's an emotional rollercoater every time.

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

One of the other major announcements for me is going to be my See Tickets coach departure and return times....really does affect a lot of factors for when we arrive and how much of the Sunday night I can enjoy!

But this is showing already in your purshase right? For example I got a coach from London and it clearly says it departs WED at 12:00 (noon). 

I was so nervous when buying that I didn't even realise what time I booked and I saw it in the email. I wish I could go earlier...

Edited by AlexOvd

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

My friends are getting the coach from Bath and historically it was late April/mid May, you get an email confirming which one you've been allocated 😊 I'm going from Bristol and already have mine so it's a bit of a mix

Edited by discgoesmic