LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 hour ago, AlexOvd said:

I'd rather to have no news next week and have the poster earlier (like Monday 28th for a example, before the payment balance). Having Macca or Kendrick announced next week will be nice but very obvious. 

Yes, I’m like a kid waiting for Xmas day. I know what the big presents will probably be but unaware totally of the smaller surprises. The poster will deliver them! Always nice seeing the Park line up, Avalon and acoustic posters drop. Usually a few surprises there. Not long to go either way 

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

At this point I’m thinking Kendrick and Macca might just be announced on the poster and that’s the next thing we get, week after next. 

What I think too. They may not need their own announcement as they were on the bill for last time.

9 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Emily identified March for the poster but there's no real reason to think it must come in the balance window. 

Agreed but things seem to be lining up for that week. Macca announcing a tour and Kendrick dropping dates. Feels like it’s all syncing up.

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Emily identified March for the poster but there's no real reason to think it must come in the balance window. 

But then youll all but guarantee theres no resale tickets afterwards. If they put a poster out the day after the window closes then there is nothing to say it couldnt have been out a few days sooner. Youll get some people upset that they didnt get a list of names and just had to pay blindly again. Not that it hasnt happened in the past but at this point after 2 years its truly the least they can do. Im thinking its still the end of next week heading into the balance window or its literally just gonna be March 1.

I don’t mind if it comes after the balance payment, but one of the few actual patterns we’ve had in recent years is the poster dropping beforehand. It may well come after, but recent history certainly suggests it’s more than likely coming within the next two weeks.

Plus, there may well be a good chunk of people who bought tickets two years ago and it’s slipped off their radar. Won’t hurt to get the poster out there beforehand to get it back in the spotlight before the payments are due.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I don’t mind if it comes after the balance payment, but one of the few actual patterns we’ve had in recent years is the poster dropping beforehand. It may well come after, but recent history certainly suggests it’s more than likely coming within the next two weeks.

Plus, there may well be a good chunk of people who bought tickets two years ago and it’s slipped off their radar. Won’t hurt to get the poster out there beforehand to get it back in the spotlight before the payments are due.

It will be before or during … just a nudge to get people to pay off balances it’s just logical … Emily’s said March … why do it after ? 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

It will be before or during … just a nudge to get people to pay off balances it’s just logical … Emily’s said March … why do it after ? 

Yep! If you’re not bothered about releasing it before the balance window, wouldn’t you just wait until April or something? Especially if the lineup is a bit in flux still. Specifically saying the poster will drop in March and then releasing it a week after the deadline would be a bit strange.

45 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

But then youll all but guarantee theres no resale tickets afterwards. If they put a poster out the day after the window closes then there is nothing to say it couldnt have been out a few days sooner. Youll get some people upset that they didnt get a list of names and just had to pay blindly again. Not that it hasnt happened in the past but at this point after 2 years its truly the least they can do. Im thinking its still the end of next week heading into the balance window or its literally just gonna be March 1.

I mean, from a business perspective reducing resale tickets is a good thing. 

I only think it's a possibility if the lineup is more in flux then we think and if so it would come four weeks later towards the very end of March. 

But all signs seem to point to t-minus 10 days to the first poster.

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Could be after the balance window and before the resale.

I have no idea why they'd do that, but would still fit with the March poster drop info.

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Didn’t Emily strongly hint there would be another announcement before the drop?

I still think we’ll have Macca confirmed separately and then Kendrick on the poster.

Could have just been Little Simz.

It doesn’t make sense to me for them to announce a headliner and then the week after drop the poster. I think it’s more likely they will skip next week and give us a poster mid balance week.

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Could have just been Little Simz.

It doesn’t make sense to me for them to announce a headliner and then the week after drop the poster. I think it’s more likely they will skip next week and give us a poster mid balance week.

She said during the little simz announcement on twitter that there would be "some news by the end of the month" and that "Full lineup will be March". 

Which is another element of what's making me question if the poster will drop by the end of the balance window, but also entirely possible that they've binned the late Feb "more news" plan.

29 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

That’s awesome news buddy , it will be nice to see the site back up , especially the rumours:-) 

i dont think i can do rumours to the normal quality, i've not been following things like i normally would.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They basically just delivered the news on good morning Britain like it had been officially confirmed. If you weren’t following the festival you would see that and think the festival had made an announcement.

This might push them to announce.

You just posted the complete opposite in the other thread 😂