LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

4 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

*The poster release or not isn't going to affect people's willingness to return tickets. Obviously the usual factors will apply around life plan changes.

Last time I tried to explain this another user ripped into me for the opposite reason. 🤣

The poster/ lineup/headliners  will cause a few to drop out I would think ... not masses but there will be some ... Some arent quite as knowledgable about the sheer scale of things like the posters on here ... 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 hour ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Yeah this might be very naive of me, but Glasto is oversubscribed by something ridiculous like 500%. 

Presumably they pay seetickets or whoever it is to deal with the resale process(?). If that is the case, they don't care how many go back in the pot. 

I'm fairly sure they could literally say 'we aren't telling you anything until the day of the festival' and they'd still be in exactly the same position. 

Obviously the rep of the festival is all important, but in a bind they can do whatever the hell they want, right? 

I think this feeds back into the whole not taking popularity for granted again though.

They’ll always get returns, so in theory it doesn’t really matter as they’ll always have the admin and associated cost of a resale, the fact you lose half your deposit if you don’t pay your balance gives us a strong hint of the cost and the fact they’d rather everyone paid though.

But putting that aside, their default position will be to never ever assume they’ll always just be 500% over subscribed whatever they do, so they’ll always start from the position of hoping 100% of people want to pay of their balance, and act accordingly to make that as likely as possible. The reality is that will never be the case but they aren’t going to get into the habit of assuming it.

On 2/3/2022 at 3:26 PM, mattiloy said:

For me, in a perfect world, Glastonbury would pie off the Simon Cowell adjacent reality TV star Harry Styles and give it to Wolf Alice - a great female fronted band that have been grafting away on the UK music scene for a decade, including as time served Glastonbury rockers.

To show all the teenage girls out there that your destiny can be to rock out to the adulation of a hundred thousand people, rather than to simply pine after whatever young handsome fella the record industry puts in front of you. 

Absolutely delighted that the Glasto Gods have heard my prayer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Memory Man said:

They will surely make one further artist announcement, that is more than one solitary act, before balance window closes. They need to get in the press to remind people to pay. They want as few returns as poss. It will happen. It may not be a big list but i feel we’ll get a few names pre 7th march. Perhaps 10-15

Ironic poster on a reminder from @Memory Man😊😉

if anyone needs reminding then in my opinion they don’t deserve tickets. It’s all I think about from January onwards!  Seriously Like you I’d expect a few names before the window closes.  Little simz was one of them obviously. 

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Ironic poster on a reminder from @Memory Man😊😉

if anyone needs reminding then in my opinion they don’t deserve tickets. It’s all I think about from January onwards!  Seriously Like you I’d expect a few names before the window closes.  Little simz was one of them obviously. 

You'd be amazed the amount of people who need reminding...I mean, there's probably only a couple of hundred regular posters on this site and its the biggest chat forum for the festival as far as I'm aware!

I've got a few mates who go each year but don't really think much about it outside of the key dates (ticket sales, balance payments, line up etc)

6 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

You'd be amazed the amount of people who need reminding...I mean, there's probably only a couple of hundred regular posters on this site and its the biggest chat forum for the festival as far as I'm aware!

I've got a few mates who go each year but don't really think much about it outside of the key dates (ticket sales, balance payments, line up etc)

I actually sent a reminder to my mates this morning that they need to pay first week in March instead of April. A couple had forgotten.

6 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

Is this a guess or do you know something?

Just a guess but think it's the most plausible outcome.

Announcing something next week gives it a week to do the rounds news wise before dropping first poster, prompts people to remember balance payments are near and fits in with Emily saying more news in Feb.

On the poster I'd be massively surprised if they left it until after the balance window shuts and with that + Emily saying poster was coming in March it only leaves 5 days to drop it. Thurs 3rd March is pretty much in the middle of the balance window so yeah makes sense in that regard.

8am (or near to) seems to be the golden time for poster drops 2016 onwards so went for that as well.

Is all that logical? Not really as there is no pattern but throw enough s**t at a wall and some of it will stick 😂

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Just a guess but think it's the most plausible outcome.

Announcing something next week gives it a week to do the rounds news wise before dropping first poster, prompts people to remember balance payments are near and fits in with Emily saying more news in Feb.

On the poster I'd be massively surprised if they left it until after the balance window shuts and with that + Emily saying poster was coming in March it only leaves 5 days to drop it. Thurs 3rd March is pretty much in the middle of the balance window so yeah makes sense in that regard.

8am (or near to) seems to be the golden time for poster drops 2016 onwards so went for that as well.

Is all that logical? Not really as there is no pattern but throw enough s**t at a wall and some of it will stick 😂

All makes sense.

I'd be surprised if we got to the end of balance week without a poster. As much as we would all go regardless of who's playing there are plenty of people out there who will want to see a lineup before handing their cash over. 

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But how do we know if he's right if we haven't had any Pangea names announced yet???

Very true.

Alas, anything said has been in good faith. I've been around these shores since 2008 so long enough in the tooth to hopefully not be considered on the wind up!

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But how do we know if he's right if we haven't had any Pangea names announced yet???

Many of them tie in with what we’ve had elsewhere .. I’d put money on them being correct at the time of posting and with djs I’d imagine the chances of any disruption/ pull outs would be lower than some of the full tour setups 

21 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Many of them tie in with what we’ve had elsewhere .. I’d put money on them being correct at the time of posting and with djs I’d imagine the chances of any disruption/ pull outs would be lower than some of the full tour setups 

Where is this list?