LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Tour dates don't rule it out + Emily took the fairly unusual step recently of breaking the usual pre-announce omertà to say 'ooh we've got to have GNR on the farm one day, don't we, would love that.'

Could have been some tactical up-dabbing after one of Ken or Mac dropped.

I do think there's a chance Emily's comments were made to prepare people for GnR as an option and get some demand out there for them.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

If they’re looking for a massive crowd pleasing rock band who almost certainly wouldn’t cancel to balance it out then the Foo Fighters are available on the Sunday.

Definitely on the list of bands they’d call if they’re in a bind…

Yes talk about bands to ring if you are in a bind. Think they were booked last min as a replacement for Aerosmith at another fest yesterday? 

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Could they shift Noel over to Other headliner against Harry and have Dua subbing?

Would make much more sense.

Especially given the festival's focus on a 50:50 split between men & women headlining, would be a tough one to justify Harry taking precedence over Dua as headliner, surely? Or am I wildly off base in judging his popularity?

1 minute ago, jimmillen said:

Especially given the festival's focus on a 50:50 split between men & women headlining, would be a tough one to justify Harry taking precedence over Dua as headliner, surely? Or am I wildly off base in judging his popularity?

Harry is playing stadiums. Dua couldn’t sell out arenas.

Sometimes the facts speak for itself.

2 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

@JoeyT what say you about this no McCartney travesty? Has your inside source gave you any kind of update?

Sorry if you've already said and I missed it

So I was told this info a little over 2 weeks ago and firmly believe this was around the same time the place I heard it from got the info.

It was given in good faith however I can't judge how recent where he got it from was given this info therefore perhaps it was / is out of date? Obviously there is a chance that the info was correct originally and by the time it's got to being put out on efests it's out of date.

Either way, it's come from somewhere we'd all consider as solid. 

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Harry is playing stadiums. Dua couldn’t sell out arenas.

Sometimes the facts speak for itself.

Meh, outside of the UK they're playing the same venues, and she's doing 11 UK arena dates, including 2 nights at the O2, v his 5 stadium ones.

Fair point on ticket sales though.

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

In 2015 when they didn’t have a Sunday headliner they kept Florence as a sub. I think this could have been the same. See if you can get someone else before immediately bumping someone up. 

Yeah, a normal year with a normal amount of touring acts. Not a year when headliners are disappearing because of a pandemic and this is why they’ve probably lost their headliners.