LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

23 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I reckon the options are

1)" Delighted to announce XXXX headliner on Saturday night"

2) XXXX (radio 1 audience related act) will be playing. 

3) STANDBY BY YOUR BEDS HERE'S THE FIRST POSTER

4) "Can confirm we're going full steam ahead with this year's festival and/or we're definitely going to have at least 50% women."

5) "Excited to announce we're partnering with BBC music to launch a new competition to give you the chance to play at Glastonbury." As an additional/complement to the emerging talent competition.

6) See you all in 2023! 😄

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Glastonbury also posted a photo of the CND sign on the Pyramid. No link there to Harry as far as I know. The love sign and tge name of his tour is probably just a coincidence. 

Now Love and Peace pointing to Macca is a certainty.

Harry is a known supporter of Trident and nuclear weapons in general.

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

When has Glasto ever done this though? Plus talk of a resale before the balances paid? It’s not really what they’ve done.

Also why would R1 give air time for that? R1 want scoops. R1 will want announcements.

When has Glasto been away for three years in modern times? I don't think precedent counts for much this year.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Not fussed either way if Harry is there/headlining or not, but losing Macca would be gutting at this stage. Was fully expecting him in 2019, 2020 obviously taken away and then fully expected him for 2022 as well. Real shame!

On a personal level I've little interest in watching either Billie or Harry, and that's fine I can quite happily be somewhere else, but I always want at least on headliner on El Pointo so suddenly there's a lot of pressure on thn nabbing Kendrick for the Sunday.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

When has Glasto been away for three years in modern times? I don't think precedent counts for much this year.

But the festival is sold out and the last we heard very few people had put their ticket back in the pot. Coming back and promoting a resale isn’t that foreseeable. 

7pm x

5 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

If it is Harry over Macca, and then people are saying they would be surprised if its 3 younger acts in Billie/Harry/Kenny. Wouldn't people also be surprised if they don't roll over any of the headliners from 2020?

Kendrick Lamar was booked for 2020 my man 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

On a personal level I've little interest in watching either Billie or Harry, and that's fine I can quite happily be somewhere else, but I always want at least on headliner on El Pointo so suddenly there's a lot of pressure on thn nabbing Kendrick for the Sunday.

Said virtually the same in a Whatsapp group this morning....apart from the fact I have no interest in KL either so that could be a hattrick away from the big field for headliners for me this year.

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

Kendrick Lamar was booked for 2020 my man 

I know but people are saying they would be surprised if it was the 3 I named. So either you're surprised its 3 young acts, or you're surprised no headliners from 2022 have been rolled over if Kenny is replaced by an older act