LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

10 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

They seem to have managed well so far the last few years? 

Ooops... My last festival was 2016, when I'm pretty sure everything was still cash only. Prob should have checked my facts before posting but where's the fun in that... 😂

Were there a lot of places taking card / contactless in 2019 - what about the bars?

11 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

The Cult nailed on... wrap up their UK tour with Alice Cooper early June.

A808B967-4093-4CC0-9C54-0ACAE68F5686.jpeg

39477695-C3D6-4128-BCEF-AEDCDED92944.jpeg

Would love it if they came. Never seen them. Certainly they've got a good hour of top-shelf rock to sink your teeth into. Where would they go? Afternoon in the JP? Park or even Avalon or WG? They're not really on anyone's radar these days, but for those old enough to remember, they'd be a treat.

4 hours ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Do they?! Pretty sure the fest weren’t expecting Paul to announce when he did at at all and their posts were put together pretty hastily off the back of it.

It might be what happens but I don’t think it’s part of a co-ordinated strategy. Their hand just gets forced.

Yeah Macca got a little over excited and let the cat out the bag.

5 hours ago, jimmillen said:

Ooops... My last festival was 2016, when I'm pretty sure everything was still cash only. Prob should have checked my facts before posting but where's the fun in that... 😂

Were there a lot of places taking card / contactless in 2019 - what about the bars?

I've been working on the bars with Shelter since 2014 and card payment has always been available for people to use

1 hour ago, waltere said:

I've been working on the bars with Shelter since 2014 and card payment has always been available for people to use

Huh, OK - of course Glastonbury memories aren't always the clearest, but I thought I'd have remembered that. Clearly I'm an even more unreliable witness than I'd thought...