LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Looking back, Kendrick didn't actually get his own announcement in 2020, he was just announced within the first poster drop so perhaps we'll get Macca soon with Kendrick not announced until end of Feb.

That’s what I think. Kendrick will be saved for the poster but Macca will be announced soon.

29 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If rumours are believed it sounds like the finishing touches are being made to the shows that Macca will play this summer. I reckon he will be good to announce once those are all locked in.

TW Classic looks to be happening now that Bruce isn’t doing it.

Wasn't Macca announced for Glastonbury before any other shows last year and the others followed? Maybe he's announced for Glastonbury in the next few days and the wider tour is announced in the next couple weeks?

34 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Kendrick is barely gonna get 2 mins during the halftime show. Would be funny if the nfl had that much reach to not let em say he is at a sold out festival on another continent that 99% of the people watching in the u.s would even know about. Or even notice he had any performances booked for that matter.

also the trailer for the halftime show just dropped

The trailer's longer than the actual halftime

Just now, jparx said:

Wasn't Macca announced for Glastonbury before any other shows last year and the others followed? Maybe he's announced for Glastonbury in the next few days and the wider tour is announced in the next couple weeks?

Sounds promising. I think that’s right. 

I remember where I was when the Macca announcement dropped. I remember the Emma Stone Chuck Berry Instagram post while I was in work. Sent it to my mates who are also going and they weren’t convinced.

Macca confirmed shortly after. Magic

Just now, Matt42 said:

Sounds promising. I think that’s right. 

I remember where I was when the Macca announcement dropped. I remember the Emma Stone Chuck Berry Instagram post while I was in work. Sent it to my mates who are also going and they weren’t convinced.

Macca confirmed shortly after. Magic

I was on the bog at work 😂 

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I was on the bog at work 😂 

I don’t know why I remember this but I was waiting to get into a lift and I saw the announcement and just froze. The person behind me said “are going to go in?”. I just let the other person in and the elevator go because I wanted to read the reactions on here!

Edited by Matt42
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Another one, this one claims to be a Glastonbury insider. I'm far from convinced they are but it's nice to get a bit of excitement. 

Didn’t they announce glasto had been cancelled last year long before anyone else?

They’ve also said 2022 will be cashless which I think is also correct. 

Just now, Matt42 said:

I don’t know why I remember this but I was waiting to get into a lift and I saw the announcement and just froze. The person behind me said “are going going in” and I just let the other person in and the elevator go because I wanted to read the reactions on here!

I'm all in for an announcement tonight. Bang on a year since the cancellation seems perfect, if they've got him signed and ready to announce I'm sure they'd love the symbolism.

Just now, Divein said:

Didn’t they announce glasto had been cancelled last year long before anyone else?

They did but that could easily have been a guess or they could have some level of access but I don't think they've posted anything yet that makes you think they are reliable.

The cashless one is interesting, if they get that right then maybe they will be worth paying attention to.

7 minutes ago, Divein said:

End of the Road attempted to go cashless last year and it was a slight disaster. Loads of the vendors couldn't get their card machines to work because the signal was too weak, so they had to resort to cash.

I'd prefer cashless (but not if they're going to force you to use their pre-paid cards or wristbands), and I've been to some festivals where it's worked, but it does have the potential to fuck up.

19 minutes ago, Divein said:

Yep & they also mentioned Worthy Farm Live long before that became common knowledge by the looks of things...

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

He also has tweeted a headliner agreed to stay on for 2022.

Maybe this was Kendrick as it sounded like Glasto wasn’t in Macca’s 2021 calendar… nor Taylor 

He did post that in December 2020 and used the word provisionally.. While it may well still hold true, I'm not sure that we can treat anything from that long ago as gospel regardless of how much we trust the source.

How do we think the announcement would be made? A tweet? Or maybe Emily turns up on the Radio breakfast show to do it in person?

A cashless festival seems inevitable, but I don't think the tech is there just yet. They'll need to try it out but also have cash as a reserve just in case - so a half and half set up. I did cashless at download a few years back and it seemed to work quite well (it was a prepaid QR code) but still a bit of a hassle.

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

How do we think the announcement would be made? A tweet? Or maybe Emily turns up on the Radio breakfast show to do it in person?

A cashless festival seems inevitable, but I don't think the tech is there just yet. They'll need to try it out but also have cash as a reserve just in case - so a half and half set up. I did cashless at download a few years back and it seemed to work quite well (it was a prepaid QR code) but still a bit of a hassle.

41 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I reckon something's coming today.

Last time Paul posted a hint and then a few hours later Glasto HQ confirmed it. I reckon that may happen again so all eyes on Paul’s socials.

They like to do this - have the artist confirm and then confirm it themselves later. Happened with Billie.