LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CY0x-zmo2Xc/?utm_medium=copy_link

Surely more and more winks that they are feeling good?

They still have to stay active and promote the festival on social media even if they’re not sure it’s going ahead.

I’m 99% sure the festival will happen but none of these social media posts mean anything. 

8 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Friday marks a year since the dreaded cancellation confirmation of 2021.

a yer makes a big difference, we know how the virus runs now, and we're vaccinated, i'm not expecting s cancel unless the govt leans on the local council. council might decide a big gathering is too much of a risk.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

a yer makes a big difference, we know how the virus runs now, and we're vaccinated, i'm not expecting s cancel unless the govt leans on the local council. council might decide a big gathering is too much of a risk.

There is absolutely no way they will have to cancel this year. Unless a new more severe variant comes along of course.

Govt are likely to announce removal of remaining restrictions in the next 10 days.

You might as well get the Efests Ridge & Furrow meet thread pinned to the top of the forum now 😉

19 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

There is absolutely no way they will have to cancel this year. Unless a new more severe variant comes along of course.

Govt are likely to announce removal of remaining restrictions in the next 10 days.

You might as well get the Efests Ridge & Furrow meet thread pinned to the top of the forum now 😉

i think they'll cancel if they thibk theres a risk they might be forced to cancel, thankfully that risk looks low at the moment.

1 hour ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

They still have to stay active and promote the festival on social media even if they’re not sure it’s going ahead.

I’m 99% sure the festival will happen but none of these social media posts mean anything. 

They were pretty much silent right up until the cancellation of 2021.

50 minutes ago, Neil said:

All the other festivals last yeah say that’s not happening.

Hope you make it to those fields Neil

26 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They were pretty much silent right up until the cancellation of 2021.

Not really, they posted (announcing Lana Del Rey) a month before they announced the lineup which was 5 days before the festival got cancelled. They also continued to post regularly after the cancellation.

There’s no way Glastonbury will know for sure whether the festival is happening at this stage. For now they (like us) will obviously be assuming it’s happening and posting as they usually would.

11 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Not really, they posted (announcing Lana Del Rey) a month before they announced the lineup which was 5 days before the festival got cancelled. They also continued to post regularly after the cancellation.

There’s no way Glastonbury will know for sure whether the festival is happening at this stage. For now they (like us) will obviously be assuming it’s happening and posting as they usually would.

I said 2021.

Remember that this year we do have the Government Event Insurance scheme, which will mean that even in the worst case scenario of a cancellation GFL would be better off waiting for the Government/Council to officially pull the plug rather than do it themselves. Whereas last year the maths was pretty much the opposite - GFL had to take the decision themselves and to do so early as the longer they waited the higher the losses would be.

Guys, stay with me on this one but I think I’ve figured it out. 

L = 12 (letter of the alphabet)
O = 15
V = 22
E = 5

Right? There can be no arguing with that. 

Now. Add together the two digits of the first letter and then times it by the second number and do the same for the third and fourth.

So you get:

([1+2]x15)  +  ([2+2]x5)
=  45  +  20
=  65

So far, so good.

Now take that and divide by Taylor’s favourite number, 13. 

65 / 13
=  5

What month are we in right now? 

Count 5 months forward and now what month are you in? 

DD737488-C9B1-422C-A1A1-2BB0B1364B7B.gif.5e6b77e25a0fe31c3ddc46f1e390ba6a.gif

Edited by kalifire
  • Like 2