LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

I wonder if they will announce entry restrictions, ie you have to be vaccinated. It makes sense for that to be a requirement but you need to give people notice, especially if you are going to put a time limit on people’s last jab.

as a side note I wonder if people will have to provide a negative test and if so how they will work that for the campervan fields bearing in mind they are outside the fence, don’t fancy having to queue for a test every day.

5 hours ago, Smeble said:

I wonder if they will announce entry restrictions, ie you have to be vaccinated. It makes sense for that to be a requirement but you need to give people notice, especially if you are going to put a time limit on people’s last jab.

as a side note I wonder if people will have to provide a negative test and if so how they will work that for the campervan fields bearing in mind they are outside the fence, don’t fancy having to queue for a test every day.

Hopefully by the summer things will have calmed down a bit so at worst it’ll be vaccine passport and/or proof of negative lateral flow beforehand.

21 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Bringing the balance deadline forward by a month compresses the window to make announcements to just Jan and Feb, so yeah I'd be surprised if we went the whole of this month without anything. I still wonder if they were planning to announce something pre Christmas but pulled it due to the Covid climate.

Mad to think we'll be expecting the first poster at the end of next month.

Just look here for 2002 

The Thingy - TheThingy (weebly.com)

Line up the week before the gates opened? This generation would have a meltdown!

What's happening with Coachella at the moment is throwing me off a bit. Grammys being delayed to May I think it may be difficult to get some American acts to triple confirm their attendance at the moment. America is suddenly getting jumpy about omicron.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

What's happening with Coachella at the moment is throwing me off a bit. Grammys being delayed to May I think it may be difficult to get some American acts to triple confirm their attendance at the moment. America is suddenly getting jumpy about omicron.

Hopefully acts keep some perspective on this now we have two years of evidence that cases flatline in the summer. It’s clear at this point that the summer will happen at least to the same extent as last year and probably with even less concern. Don’t begrudge acts putting safety first, but now isn’t the time to pull out of summer events - we’ll clearly be in a much better spot by Easter.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Hopefully acts keep some perspective on this now we have two years of evidence that cases flatline in the summer. It’s clear at this point that the summer will happen at least to the same extent as last year and probably with even less concern. Don’t begrudge acts putting safety first, but now isn’t the time to pull out of summer events - we’ll clearly be in a much better spot by Easter.

The concern I have isn't so much over whether events can go ahead this summer - I've got absolutely no doubt that they can and will, including Glastonbury.

But I do worry slightly that there's still going to be question marks regarding getting acts in from abroad, especially from outside of Europe - Brexit has already made international touring more complicated than it should be, and it only takes one country changing the rules on either travel or events at short notice to fuck up a carefully planned tour.

Given that at least 1 and potentially 2 of the current headliners for 2022 would be based in North America, it might mean that things at the top of the bill aren't as firm as we'd hope. I think there's a pretty strong chance that we don't get any further names until at least April, and it wouldn't shock me if we lost one of the names we already do have.

Tbh I think Florence + The Machine is likely, there were rumours they'd be in for 2021 (even though there was no sign that they were planning on releasing anything around then) and they are clearly active this summer. Also they're a British act and so wouldn't have visa restrictions to get into the country.

17 hours ago, Smeble said:

I'd bet good money that they are planning on you having to show a covid pass to gain entry. It'd be logical as they're then protected should the government remove then reinstate any requirement for it.

Warehouse project in Manchester was doing it even when not needed, so they didn't have to change anything when it came in. 

The festival I volunteered at in the summer initially had it so that anytime you re-entered the fence line you had to show you covid pass, although that got dropped very quickly to if you left the car park. A lot of it was on trust tbh

6 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I'd bet good money that they are planning on you having to show a covid pass to gain entry. It'd be logical as they're then protected should the government remove then reinstate any requirement for it.

Warehouse project in Manchester was doing it even when not needed, so they didn't have to change anything when it came in. 

The festival I volunteered at in the summer initially had it so that anytime you re-entered the fence line you had to show you covid pass, although that got dropped very quickly to if you left the car park. A lot of it was on trust tbh

Thats a very loose statement 🙃

13 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I don't follow? Should I have said were?

No I mean, i went a couple of times and the process was amateur at best.

Couple of people I know forwarded them onto people whatsapp. There's no way of validating them.

I'm not saying this is right, just pointing out it's a very weak process...

9 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Couple of people I know forwarded them onto people whatsapp. There's no way of validating them.

Oh yeah it was entirely dependent on who you got at the end of the queue. I had a friend where they moved the screen to check it wasn't a screenshot and he had to do an onsite test. 

Like I said, it's based mostly on trust but it's something I assume they'll be planning to use. If not at least to look good which is probably at least partly what WHP used it for.

23 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Not sure what you want them to do check for puncture marks?

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So are we likely to get some official announcement on the website or a sneaky subtle hint like a poster in an oxfam shop window? 

Nah we are going one up Coachella and the eavi will start booking the rest of the lineup during balance payment week.

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Makes a lot of sense having a covid pass, living in the EU we have been travelling around using the EU one, went to Italy for 2 weeks in September and you had to show it to get in everywhere, worked well, you also had to show ID to show the pass belonged to you. You still need to show it to get in restaurants here in Luxembourg and to get in to the Xmas markets.

38 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Not sure what you want them to do check for puncture marks?

Well no but it isn't impossible to put an electronic validation system in place.

But of course that would voluntarily cost the government money, so it won't happen.

Think there are countries doing this though from what I read (Denmark) don't quote me

There's a million ways to get around it, its not even worth discussing at this point. For example I have international friends at uni who can't easily get the NHS pass so they use the test+trace texts that say they are negative which can easily be faked. We'll all get in come June 🙂 

49 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Maybe Emily’s “soon” was predicated upon an expected Coachella announcement. It’s possible we’ll have to wait for that before Glastonbury announce. 

If it was Kendrick related I could see it. But seeing that Coachella have booked all three of their headliners this month (lol). I don’t think big C is holding back big G at all.

I still think we are looking at earliest back end of Feb.

Bonaroo in June is dropping on Monday. We may get some nice names. We shared Lana last time.

Edited by Matt42