LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

18 minutes ago, jparx said:

So hang on, we are saying that Emily posted a picture referencing a Macca tune last night? Seems like they maybe pulled the official announcement but Emily dropped that in as Easter egg of sorts.

They maybe felt it odd to release it when this horrible war broke out, but that isn't going to be a good time atm 

My guess is that it that Macca was due to be officically confirmed yesterday evening (maybe mini poster) but as I mentioned before, I think the situation in Ukraine has thrown things.

If I was them, and was planning for an announcement to coincide with the Maccas clue, the situation in Europe would have pushed me hold off for 2-3 days. The weekend can be dodgy for media impressions but Saturday is better than Sunday. That said, I think Monday is probably the most realistic.

Monday may seem too close to balance payment but I think it's also worth considering you have a full week to pay. It's not like it's a 24 hour decision and given the 2 years we've had, I would doubt very much that they're concerned about ticket sales - I dont think anyone in their right mind believes anything other than it being a sellout. 

I fully get that the festival decided not to announce Macca yesterday due to the ongoing crisis in Russia, and also that Macca's Tweet was probably scheduled - someone said he's over in California at the moment so would have been in the middle of night. Any "no we're not doing it today" message from the fest may not have been picked up until a few hours later.

But I don't get Emily's Mull of Kintyre post, don't "not announce" but then post a massive hint instead...

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I fully get that the festival decided not to announce Macca yesterday due to the ongoing crisis in Russia, and also that Macca's Tweet was probably scheduled - someone said he's over in California at the moment so would have been in the middle of night. Any "no we're not doing it today" message from the fest may not have been picked up until a few hours later.

But I don't get Emily's Mull of Kintyre post, don't "not announce" but then post a massive hint instead...

Who knows Macca could have gone off schedule but it doesn’t explain why the festival didn’t follow.

Its a big unknown but my guess is they feel ready to drop the poster very soon so they are waiting until then.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Who knows Macca could have gone off schedule but it doesn’t explain why the festival didn’t follow.

Its a big unknown but my guess is they feel ready to drop the poster very soon so they are waiting until then.

But why the MOK post? With Macca's tweet you either announce or stay quiet.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Yeah, can’t figure that post out. Maybe it was done exclusively for our benefit to nod at efests and say “yep it’s him” knowing we’d pick up on it but the wider public would be clueless.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m sticking their Wednesday 2nd or Thursday 3rd March.

A significant amount of balances would be paid by then - is there likely a condition that they have to have a certain amount of tickets fully paid up before they can announce some acts? Perhaps?

That feels a bit bizarre. I really don't think the festival are waiting for a tickets purchased threshold..

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m sticking their Wednesday 2nd or Thursday 3rd March.

A significant amount of balances would be paid by then - is there likely a condition that they have to have a certain amount of tickets fully paid up before they can announce some acts? Perhaps?

I doubt there's any condition like that at all. It's more likely it works in reverse, if balance uptake is looking slow they drop the poster to gee people along...

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Maybe Macca wasn't comfortable with the timing of a full announcement?

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

But why the MOK post? With Macca's tweet you either announce or stay quiet.

Is it actually 100% certain that's what it even is?

I mean, it wouldn't be the first time people have taken an instagram photo and assumed it to be something it isn't.

Just now, incident said:

Is it actually 100% certain that's what it even is?

I mean, it wouldn't be the first time people have taken an instagram photo and assumed it to be something it isn't.

Think people have said it is the actual MOK.

Would be a hell of a weird coincidence if it had nothing to do with Macca.

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Yeah I get that. Just seems odd that she'd think "I'm not comfortable with a full announcement, but I will drop a hint that people will pick up on..."

There's enough subtlety in the hint to prevent it from being a potential PR disaster. Rather than Macca himself, it could have been a decision made by his own PR team. Let's be honest, I know we're all keen for the announcement, but in hindsight it was probably the right decision, the most sensitive one, at least