LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

For the last 6 festivals, the gap between 1st poster and balance deadline has been between 3 days and 20, an average of 10.8.

164050391_Screenshot_20211230-182902_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.1b707c245a8cede1f0ab2dbc1987f6b2.jpg

With Balance Deadline Day being a month early this year, we can expect a poster between 15th Feb and 4th March with the most likely being 24th Feb. Unless, of course, there is no pattern.

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Upvote 5

Wondering if posting the line up will be after the balance payment? 

If there's still huge uncertainty over bookings it could be seen as a "weak" line up.  If so they'd only lose income from people not wanting to go based on the lineup e.g. if it was say Eilish/Fender/ Dave (I know, more than the acts, it's the vibe etc etc). 

Whereas if they don't release the lineup before balance deadline, the number of people who'd put the tickets back because they won't pay without acts could be lower then those who'd return if they see it as a weak line up.

8 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Wondering if posting the line up will be after the balance payment? 

If there's still huge uncertainty over bookings it could be seen as a "weak" line up.  If so they'd only lose income from people not wanting to go based on the lineup e.g. if it was say Eilish/Fender/ Dave (I know, more than the acts, it's the vibe etc etc). 

Whereas if they don't release the lineup before balance deadline, the number of people who'd put the tickets back because they won't pay without acts could be lower then those who'd return if they see it as a weak line up.

Nah I don’t think it’s going to be a weak lineup at all. Festival lineups look pretty strong for 2022. 

My view is more optimistic. They probably can announce the lineup before the balances in March this time because the lineup was probably locked into place much earlier.

• Upvote 1

I thought we wouldn’t get owt until Feb or so when the Omicron news had died down, but there seems to be a lot of positive news on that front much earlier than I expected so maybe we could get something in the coming weeks? Seems clear at this stage omicron won’t derail anything in the Spring and onwards so why not start the hype train? 

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’m sure we’ll get the first poster a week before the balance payments are due, and maybe a second headliner announced this month.

In the meantime, I hope the BBC switches on their damn webcam!! 

yeah ... im not sure how to get this operating again ... various people have been tweeting them over the past month or so ... anyone any ideas ? maybe we are getting  an upgraded version 

50 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’m sure we’ll get the first poster a week before the balance payments are due, and maybe a second headliner announced this month.

In the meantime, I hope the BBC switches on their damn webcam!! 

I think it’s more likely that they will hold out until the poster drop. If the remaining headliners are people who were there in 2020 I don’t think it warrants an individual announcement. 

Plus it seems like if the headliners are Paul and Kendrick they are both locked behind some secretive contracts somewhere. 

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I reckon we'll get something in January. Maybe one headliner and another act that Emily is excited about that she lets out during an interview

Bringing the balance deadline forward by a month compresses the window to make announcements to just Jan and Feb, so yeah I'd be surprised if we went the whole of this month without anything. I still wonder if they were planning to announce something pre Christmas but pulled it due to the Covid climate.

Mad to think we'll be expecting the first poster at the end of next month.