LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

Active registrations gives a good idea. They’ll also know how many people logged into their accounts to check their registrations ahead of the sale. 
They could also look at how many tickets were bought by people who didn’t check their registrations and extrapolate from there to figure out a total number of people who hadn’t checked to add that sum. 

I'm sure they've got metrics they use to estimate it, and have come up with a number - but what I'm saying is that it even with all the extra information they have and we don't, the number will still be an estimate and with a decent sized variance on it.

Their number is almost certainly better than mine though.

Just now, incident said:

I'm sure they've got metrics they use to estimate it, and have come up with a number - but what I'm saying is that it even with all the extra information they have and we don't, the number will still be an estimate and with a decent sized variance on it.

Their number is almost certainly better than mine though.

Truth is always in the middle isn’t it. Let’s agree on somewhere between 300k and 2m 😂 

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Definitely feels low to me, T-Day 2019 was utterly brutal. Not one person I know even saw a booking screen and between us we usually have a good track record. I was just lucky a kindly efester sorted me out.

I think that was the worst ticket day ever for my group, hardly anyone got. 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

if the numbers of refunds have gone up then I would expect proportionally the demand in the resale will drop to match ... the festival need to convert as many as possible to pay off the balance that makes decent business sense 

glastonbury festival is expensive, the money could be used for other fun things instead.

6 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

2009 being the biggest headline trio is pretty wild.

2011 and 2016 stand out as the biggest to me.

2010 would’ve been bigger, too, if U2 hadn’t dabbed down.

95 (before Stone Roses dabbing down) and 04 seem like pretty big deals to me. 

Otherwise year 2011 is definitely the biggest trio they've had. 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

if the numbers of refunds have gone up then I would expect proportionally the demand in the resale will drop to match ... the festival need to convert as many as possible to pay off the balance that makes decent business sense 

I wouldn't try to draw a conclusion there. Too many factors.

In simplistic terms - as some people get too old, other people get old enough. As some people move too far away, other people move closer.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I’d say 2020 is the biggest trio they’ve ever had.

If they had someone like a Coldplay or Arctic Monkeys in for Kendrick, yeah. 

That said, 2020 is definitely one of the best they've had in terms of covering the bases. Which is a different thing. 

Edited by the wonderwhy

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

95 (before Stone Roses dabbing down) and 04 seem like pretty big deals to me. 

Otherwise year 2011 is definitely the biggest trio they've had. 

Not sure if Neil’s downvote here is because he disagrees or if he’s not on board with the term ‘dabbing down’ becoming so prevalent 😄

2011 is the biggest trio btw. 2020 was incredible, but honestly Kendrick to most people isn’t really that big of a headliner. We just love him on here. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I’d say 2020 is the biggest trio they’ve ever had.

Kendrick brings it down quite a bit I’d say in terms of size to the general population.

Defo up there though and I think it’s probably the best trio they’ve booked overall in terms of size, balance and appeal.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Not sure if Neil’s downvote here is because he disagrees or if he’s not on board with the term ‘dabbing down’ becoming so prevalent 😄

2011 is the biggest trio btw. 2020 was incredible, but honestly Kendrick to most people isn’t really that big of a headliner. We just love him on here. 

Probably just had enough that guy posting useless shite.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

well spotted.

Just now, jparx said:

What about 2016 for biggest trio? When your smallest headliner is Muse, you’re talking a pretty big trio.

Yep it was my second choice after 2011.

Funnily enough also one of the worst trios. When your best headliner is Muse, you’re talking a pretty rubbish trio.

See also, 2004.

Just now, blutarsky said:

I haven’t even got a ticket why the fuck am I spending my night obsessively reading this fucking thread 😂 

Same. Don’t know what the fuck I’m gonna do if I don’t get a ticket in the resale. Probably torture myself some more on here every day.