LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

On 8/26/2021 at 11:12 AM, Gnomicide said:

I've got in in my head they were going to play The Other but I don't know where that came from and I can't find anything on it. Also no idea why it didn't happen.

This is the eFests article:

Undertones & Outkast for Glastonbury 2005 - DEFINITELY! - eFestivals.co.uk

big boi played westholts ~(or jazzworld), didn't he?

9 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

At this point I don't care if we have to wait til late February or Marc for new names, just so long as we get something in January to alleviate our worries. Just a simple "don't worry folks, we're definitely happening this year!" would be so so good

I’d hope they and others have learned from last year.  Festivals ran later in the summer and no reason why they can’t this year.  Understandable that there are worries about taking risks but I really don’t see any reason why it won’t happen

I think with the government looking like they are trying to avoid restrictions - it stands Glasto in a pretty good stead.

The reinsurance scheme in place too will make things easier to plan for.

I strongly think by the summer we will be in a different place. When the weather starts to get warmer COVID drops off completely. Plus the booster effect will be seen.

However I think you’d be lucky to get through the gates without a form of COVID pass.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think with the government looking like they are trying to avoid restrictions - it stands Glasto in a pretty good stead.

The reinsurance scheme in place too will make things easier to plan for.

I strongly think by the summer we will be in a different place. When the weather starts to get warmer COVID drops off completely. Plus the booster effect will be seen.

However I think you’d be lucky to get through the gates without a form of COVID pass.

Agreed, there’ll be the need for a COVID pass or negative test (probably the paid for one)

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Can’t see anything until the poster now. It should be due towards the end of Feb if balances are in March.

I kind of agree but also think the festival might just do it to keep the interest up .... otherwise its quite a long time between announcements .... its big with its social media these days 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I kind of agree but also think the festival might just do it to keep the interest up .... otherwise its quite a long time between announcements .... its big with its social media these days 

I’m not too sure as omicron is still dominating the news and it may not be the right time to start announcing. By March they will be in a much stronger position and can speak more confidently.

@Gnomicide has there ever been an announcement in Jan? Jan tends to be a bit of a graveyard for most things. Way more likely to see something at the back end of Feb. My view is that end of Feb/early March works better as they probably have most of the lineup in place.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m not too sure as omicron is still dominating the news and it may not be the right time to start announcing. By March they will be in a much stronger position and can speak more confidently.

@Gnomicide has there ever been an announcement in Jan? Jan tends to be a bit of a graveyard for most things. Way more likely to see something at the back end of Feb. My view is that end of Feb/early March works better as they probably have most of the lineup in place.

oh for sure ... I just hope theres someone there that wants to give us some good news ... even if its someone thats pretty well nailed on .... just keeps things ticking over ... 

edit they also dropped us a lineup when there was pretty well no hope of anything happening 

Edited by crazyfool1

37 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

There's only been 3 acts announced in January; Rokia, Kristofferson and Monae. Apart from that there's been 1 map update, 1 licence application approved and 1 resale date confirmed.