LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think Ken said something about us finding out soon about the other Werchter classic gig that he’d hinted Macca was playing. Without wanting to get too carried away, as @Supernintendo Chalmerssays, Neil’s Billie Eilish info was spot on and we know now that QOTSA and seemingly Kendrick are around next summer, so I’m pretty relaxed about Macca being the final headliner. 

It's dreamland for me. The two headliners I really wanted from 2020 returning.

48 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's dreamland for me. The two headliners I really wanted from 2020 returning.

It would be hard to see a stronger combined trio at any festival on the planet in 2022. Ridiculously popular seven-time Grammy winning (before she's even 20 years old) female artist, one of the most critically acclaimed rappers of a generation and the greatest living songwriter.  

27 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It would be hard to see a stronger combined trio at any festival on the planet in 2022. Ridiculously popular seven-time Grammy winning (before she's even 20 years old) female artist, one of the most critically acclaimed rappers of a generation and the greatest living songwriter.  

Since when was Bob Dylan in the frame?

26 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Apologies for the very first instance of wordplay on this here forum. We defer to proper surnames Most Of The Time.

I assumed you were just making a bad joke about his age and you didn't make the name connection. Now I realise you were just making a bad joke about his real name. My mistake 

On 9/30/2021 at 9:45 AM, Mattymooz said:

It's more the fact that every time Billie comes up, the same concerns of 'oh only children listen to her', 'her crowd will be tiny because none of her stans can get tickets', 'people will get bored because she will probably just be lipsyncing' etc. If we were talking about The Weeknd or another male act, I don't think people would be having the same concerns.

Regarding your other points, I think @Matt42has been spamming another videos of live shows to tell you that her Glasto performance was a bit of a fluke and usually she goes down pretty well. Her last album may not be full of massive hits like her previous, but that doesn't really get held against other acts in the same way. The album still did incredibly well commercially and critically. Most of the general public would recognise tracks like Therefore I Am & the title track. That's without even considering stuff like Everything I Wanted & No Time To Die which were released since she last played.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not convinced she is going to smash it. Stuff like the lack of a live band and the fact that it is just sandwiched in the middle of a tour give me doubts. I'm just bored of the same discourse every time a female popstar is bought up as a headliner. I thought we had all gotten over the 'pop music is for little girls' stereotype

Posting here as the quoted post is eFest’s most recent instant of the word “misogyny” being used. 

I was at a wedding tonight and while stood with 2 women I overheard the groom (forces) say “you’re not a man until you’ve banged a woman out - they reach you that in basic”. 

The women I was with were visibly appalled but also visibly cowed and said nothing. They just wanted to leave. I challenged it by saying “I don’t agree with that. Of a group of 6-7 men one said they agreed with me, the rest restated it. 

The women I was with left and took me with them. I decided to go back and challenge it again.
I was told it was banter. They didn’t mean it.

Maybe they didn’t, but someone heard it and it was justification for their own violence against women. Some people heard it and were scared by it. Some people may have heard or and now think that’s an acceptable thing to joke about. Hopefully my interjection means some people heard it and will reflect that violence against women, or violence of any kind, isn’t acceptable. 

We all need to tackle this sort of misogynistic bullshit. The women I was with shouldn’t have felt cowed. They shouldn’t have been grateful that I, a white man, acted as their white knight. Sadly it is only through men challenging men that we will probably see progress.

Challenge misogyny everywhere. 💪🏻 

• Upvote 1

On 10/23/2021 at 10:23 AM, Matt42 said:

Macca will be the next headliner announced I think. Ken in RW thread hints that his TW Classic date will be announcing very soon.

Werchter Classic? They announced their headliner in June, it's Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds.

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I'd like to think they'd be less likely to pull the fest so soon this time, couldn't it have gone ahead last year?

You mean how they quickly decided to call it a day back then? Well they made the right call cause Boris kept bumbling things. Right now they can still go ahead with everything and there is no threat to starting the site uild in 3 months time or even announcing the line up in 2 months. Would figure they had a christmas gift for us but I would think theyll still throw us a post new years bone and the rest follows after that. So hopefully its Macca to get that sorted and thatll be that.

I would say they can just make entry more strict and make it vaccination only while giving every ticket holder time to accomplish that. Testing isnt going to do as much good in that environment since we;ll all be stuck together for 5 days.

Edited by Suprefan

January is normally very quiet, only three acts ever been announced, though we did get the updated map in 2010 (imagine the excitement when the new map comes out!) but with balance deadline day being a month early in 22 maybe things will change.

#ThereIsNoPattern

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

January is normally very quiet, only three acts ever been announced, though we did get the updated map in 2010 (imagine the excitement when the new map comes out!) but with balance deadline day being a month early in 22 maybe things will change.

#ThereIsNoPattern

on the new map there will be some quite big changes I would imagine ... we've had some time off now and im excited to see the evolution of Pangea in that time .... The brand new spike bar .... maybe some SE corner changes  ?.... and surely Silver hayes must now get some kind of refresh ?