LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

22 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

For anyone wanting to relive the Radiohead announcement (started on this day in 2016), this is the first post on the Glastocam thread from when the painting started...

It was (of course) @Dukeiconthat first noticed something was happening.

Best announcement ever.…. Actually no the best was @eFestivals and his legendary stand by your beds

Edited by Matt42

9 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I'd say the best reveal was the Foos @ Cheese & Grain. So much effort and planning went into that. Remember the boarding passes with the pyramid shape that got us all talking?

Yeah, I'd say that was my favourite with Radiohead a close second. Both in the same year too, then Ed Sheeran shared a photo of a cow.

On 10/4/2021 at 7:54 PM, DeanoL said:

Not clutching at straws, all the acts I listed bore the hell out of me. But I think it's a question worth asking: where do you put acts that previously headlined the festival that just aren't relevant enough to headline any more? That's literally why they started making a fuss of the "legend" slot - because there were acts they wanted to book, could afford to book, but who felt they were big enough to headline and didn't want a lower slot. Hence this "fourth headliner" nonsense. 

If you wanted the Arctic Monkeys to play the festival, where would you put them? Because they're not relevant enough to headline the Pyramid any more. Or Jay-Z for that matter.

🤣

On 10/4/2021 at 8:09 PM, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

This website is fucking mental sometimes.

If Arctic Monkeys are around with a new album they’d be one of the first acts Glastonbury would try to book to headline.

Yeah what an odd thing to say. Arctic Monkeys are easily one of the top 5 biggest bands (not acts) in the world that are still releasing albums.

Probably them, Muse, Coldplay, The Killers and Foo Fighters. As much as people may want to roll their eyes at any of those 5 being booked, they'd quite easily sell out UK stadiums.

For my money, if at any point Arctic Monkeys drop an album, they're immediately the most relevant thing in guitar music and I'm not even a big fan.

Still thinking we get all the headliners before Christmas. Kendrick in the next couple weeks and Macca in December. There's no big surprise to come, so get those names out there and start building up the buzz (assuming there's no embargo on Kendrick as there seemed to be last time).

22 minutes ago, jparx said:

Still thinking we get all the headliners before Christmas. Kendrick in the next couple weeks and Macca in December. There's no big surprise to come, so get those names out there and start building up the buzz (assuming there's no embargo on Kendrick as there seemed to be last time).

Not sure if I can handle the stress of Macca being the final one to be announced.

Just now, jparx said:

It's locked in dude, tranquilo! The gods aren't cruel enough to take both Taylor and Macca away from me.

Yep, plus @eFestivals appears to be pretty confident in his source for the final two being Macca and Kendrick. The Garorock rumour only solidifies the latter for me. And if he's nailed Billie and Kendrick before Christmas, Macca definitely makes up the trio

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Not sure if I can handle the stress of Macca being the final one to be announced.

I think Ken said something about us finding out soon about the other Werchter classic gig that he’d hinted Macca was playing. Without wanting to get too carried away, as @Supernintendo Chalmerssays, Neil’s Billie Eilish info was spot on and we know now that QOTSA and seemingly Kendrick are around next summer, so I’m pretty relaxed about Macca being the final headliner.