LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I thought it would be this way. There is more “news” in announcing someone that is ‘new’, rather than someone everyone expects to be back.

Now begins the waiting game to see how long Glastonbury will wait on this…

Might be having some late night calls with management about all this and going from there.

Just now, Suprefan said:

Might be having some late night calls with management about all this and going from there.

Nah they’ve definitely told Billie that she is being announced for this - or maybe she received that jumper in the post and got excited 😂 who knows?

Either way Glasto won’t be pissed off. They usually drop a name around about now anyway. 

I don't think any of the 3 except maybe Kendrick are not expected there. He will be one of the most surprising but also one that doesn't have a huge fist punch to the air.

Macca is without a doubt the one but as a set of 3, it's not a set that the boarder will be pleased about. It's a set that a different festival aimed at crowd would enjoy.

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Nah they’ve definitely told Billie that she is being announced for this - or maybe she received that jumper in the post and got excited 😂 who knows?

Either way Glasto won’t be pissed off. They usually drop a name around about now anyway. 

Announcement wise its very early. Because right now normally the sale is next weekend. And up til Diana last time, they announced Radiohead a week after the sale happened in 2016.  This is perfectly fine and I figured with all the action on communication about tickets and more glamping going on sale that something had to come.

I think one act a month til the poster at the end if Feb. So we could lotentially gwt 5 acts announced which js plenty to get peoole excited. They could save Kendrick since he could still be a wild card. But Macca getting announced around christmas would be ace.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I doubt Glastonbury are bothered much at all. Their announcement schedule seems as though it's usually defined by embargos for other events - if a headliner is spilling the beans it probably gets them in hot water with any other UK festivals they're playing.

Incredible.

Let's not skip over how massive this is entirely aside from it being Billie Eilish. Glastonbury festival is back. After 18 months stuck in limbo going around in circles arguing about the Strokes and Pyramid exoduses, we're finally on the fucking countdown baby.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

😡😤Absolutely raging. Why give it to a nobody when the fans are crying out for a proper rock band? Muse are right there! I've been a Glastonbury fan for 30 years, but enough's enough. Time to support a real fest, like Isle of Wight.

I mean thats going to be every facebook and instagram response so why not make the copy pasta for everyone. 

but if youre being genuin, GET OVER IT OR GET YOUR DEPOSIT BACK

Edited by Suprefan

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

😡😤Absolutely raging. Why give it to a nobody when the fans are crying out for a proper rock band? Muse are right there! I've been a Glastonbury fan for 30 years, but enough's enough. Time to support a real fest, like Isle of Wight.

Muse are a washed up bag of shit now living off the back of 12/13 year old albums.

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I mean thats going to be every facebook and instagram response so why not make the copy pasta for everyone. 

but if youre being genuin, GET OVER IT OR GET YOUR DEPOSIT BACK

Not all will be but anything that puts a ticket back in the pot is fine with me.

16 minutes ago, jparx said:

Incredible.

Let's not skip over how massive this is entirely aside from it being Billie Eilish. Glastonbury festival is back. After 18 months stuck in limbo going around in circles arguing about the Strokes and Pyramid exoduses, we're finally on the fucking countdown baby.

This!!!

Just a thought - the Billie announcement seems to be a poster with her name at the top, with room for the 3 headliners and possibly legend. What about them announcing a name a day this week, or a name each week for the next month, filling out that poster?

image.thumb.jpeg.ee0fea6046ba4d367c16c0bbbabdc87d.jpeg

18 minutes ago, jparx said:

Incredible.

This!

It's also the first look at next year's artwork too, and I really kinda like it!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just a thought - the Billie announcement seems to be a poster with her name at the top, with room for the 3 headliners and possibly legend. What about them announcing a name a day this week, or a name each week for the next month, filling out that poster?

Nah, I think they'll each get that poster with their name on the top.

Wouldn't expect anything else for a while now.

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Cause you think theyll shrink the font and fit them? Doubt it. If that was what they were going after then its all at the same time and not a single name type thing. Theyll each get their own whenever names are announced.

So, Nov 1st is the next announce? Its a monday!!!!

Feeling like it might be a little while before the next announcement now. Great to get excited by the early announcement last night and post this morning (even if not fussed on Billie personally).

I think, given Macca, Kenny and Diana are returners maybe they’ll just wait until the poster?

they didn’t announce Aerosmith last time, they could maybe do that?