LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

I think the funniest thing would be for Emily to like the most random stuff and everyone take is as gospel. Because she knows people will try to find any shred of evidence they can on which artist is going to be on the line up. She should like a post from the Chili Peppers to send everyone screaming.

Edited by Suprefan
  • Like 1

Given how long we've been waiting, the idea that we'll have a full poster drop within the next five months is really exciting!

And the idea that when we've paid our balances, the actual festival is barely over three months away is madness!

Edited by kalifire

12 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

image.thumb.png.61fa4eadacabb4ed0e0aa5e132760ab2.png

there was this from the other day. I know Emily has interacted with other headliners on Instagram in the past. 

To be fair Emily "likes" stuff that she just likes quite often.  She's been known to like posts from mid-range acts with touring gaps in June and then nothing in the past.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I think the funniest thing would be for Emily to like the most random stuff and everyone take is as gospel. Because she knows people will try to find any shred of evidence they can on which artist is going to be on the line up. She should like a post from the Chili Peppers to send everyone screaming.

I do occasionally "like" stuff such as Led Zeppelin on Twitter as SecretGlasto for lolz.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I do occasionally "like" stuff such as Led Zeppelin on Twitter as SecretGlasto for lolz.

Hate to break it to you, but I don't think people are paying quite as much attention to your likes as they are to Emily's...

I mean, you're a big deal to us obviously.

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

How does the Firefly Festival demographic compare to Glastonbury?

Ah you got me! This festival is taking place on a remote island where all of the Billie fans live! Also, doesn’t look much like a Glasto lineup to me! Not many artists here have turned up at the festival before.

CF547170-749B-4749-A4C9-715AA8503239.png

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Ah you got me! This festival is taking place on a remote island where all of the Billie fans live! Also, doesn’t look much like a Glasto lineup to me! Not many artists here have turned up at the festival before.

Now I'm an old man, so rather out of touch, but it does occur to me that there hasn't been a Glastonbury for ages and both Phoebe Bridgers and Marc Rebillet are far bigger than they were in 2019.  Maybe that's true of some of the other artists.  Obviously, I've no idea who most of them are.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Lmao no need to be so condescending. There are obvious differences between a US Festival and a UK festival. 

she’s a global superstar, so big enough to headline Glastonbury, just don’t reckon she will get as big of a crowd as the other options, given the lukewarm reaction to her (dreary) new album, and the fact she doesn’t align with the festival’s main demographic (and doesn’t feel “big” enough to overcome that in the same way Kendrick would).

Just now, Matt42 said:

I'm not having a go, just interested, I'm trying to understand how their crowd compares to Glastonbury. 

I can see she obviously went down well but for all I know it could be full of teenagers on a day ticket which wouldn't necessarily reflect how she'd go over at Glastonbury. 

Firefly doesn't sell out months before the lineup is the key difference, Glastonbury could announce 3 young acts but nobody who wants to see them would be able to get a ticket. People were probably travelling cross country to see Billie at Firefly

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Now I'm an old man, so rather out of touch, but it does occur to me that there hasn't been a Glastonbury for ages and both Phoebe Bridgers and Marc Rebillet are far bigger than they were in 2019.  Maybe that's true of some of the other artists.  Obviously, I've no idea who most of them are.

Yeah I think the Rebillet billing is a good one to demonstrate the US/UK divide that’s evident there. Marc is brilliant, and I’m probably going to go and see him in the Academy in Glasgow - but there’s loads of tickets left for that gig, in what isn’t a huge venue. The hype surrounding him in the US v UK is stark, given he’s billed as third down at that festival.

just shows that just because Billie packed out that field with a great atmosphere, doesn’t mean she will at Pyramid stage.

edit: I do note he’s sold out his other UK gigs, but I find it fairly mad he’s third down at a festival.

Edited by MaxPower

As a 32 yo I can't work out if I'm a bit meh in regards to Billie because I'm just not a fan or just her music simply hasn't been on my radar for one reason or another.

From what i've heard I've not heard anything to pull me in so to speak.

My wife really can't understand her hype / popularity.

I find the idea that Glastonbury is somewhat divorced from the zeitgeist a bit eye roll. People who go to Glastonbury expect a mix of who is big right now and who has a long career behind them. Every contemporary headliner which has been booked always gets this weird argument on here that they don’t have fans at the festival. It’s nonsense. 

I remember people even saying it about Adele! I think some of you underestimate a) Billie’s size and b) the fact that a lot of people at Glastonbury go to see the big names. I’d say at the moment Billie, Taylor and Dua are the three biggest artists female artists active right now - Billie and Taylor are larger touring forces than Dua, but if you think Billie is going to get a slim crowd I don’t really know what to say to you to change your mind. You’re just wrong.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I find the idea that Glastonbury is somewhat divorced from the zeitgeist a bit eye roll. People who go to Glastonbury expect a mix of who is big right now and who has a long career behind them. Every contemporary headliner which has been booked always gets this weird argument on here that they don’t have fans at the festival. It’s nonsense. 

I remember people even saying it about Adele! I think some of you underestimate a) Billie’s size and b) the fact that a lot of people at Glastonbury go to see the big names. I’d say at the moment Billie, Taylor and Dua are the three biggest artists female artists active right now - Billie and Taylor are larger touring forces than Dua, but if you think Billie is going to get a slim crowd I don’t really know what to say to you to change your mind. You’re just wrong.

Open minded as ever.

Kendrick is one of the biggest artists in the world, and one of my favourites, but I can acknowledge he also may have had a thinner than average Pyramid crowd. It’s ok to acknowledge that the Glastonbury crowd may be different to that at a US festival, or may be slightly out of whack with what’s hugely popular with teenager, given the age demographic of the festival.

plus her 2019 set was pretty bad, probably low point of the festival for me. 

I agree with Matt42 (that felt weird)!

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Just because those of us on here are largely music obsessives with niche interests, doesn't mean all ticket holders are.

Although there are 242k members here... maybe for 2023 GFL should only give tickets to people with an eFests account. Actually, that might be awful..?!