LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

6 minutes ago, incident said:

Is that actually stated anywhere?

I'm not sure it's a safe assumption if it's based just on the deposit window.

I havent seen them announce it after the window closes, so we can safely assume. Either its out the monday or maybe they put it up on that previous friday to give everyone 3 days to think it over?

1 minute ago, incident said:

I'm sure we'll get something by then - DiRo, a Pyramid headliner and maybe all 3 of them, possibly a handful of names from other stages - but I'm far less confident of something approximating the full poster. It wouldn't shock me if they did for example a 10-15 name first poster rather than the 60+ we're used to.

It's not just about having the acts booked - it's also about the acts being happy to be announced at that point which gets into the usual stuff about contracts with other festivals, selling their own gigs, etc.

Considering a lot of these acts announced shows for 2022 super early I don’t think this is an issue. By Feb there will be enough for a poster.

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

I havent seen them announce it after the window closes, so we can safely assume. Either its out the monday or maybe they put it up on that previous friday to give everyone 3 days to think it over?

Either Wed 23rd Feb or Thurs 24th Feb I reckon.

Really not long at all. I won’t be surprised if we are fairly confident by then of who we are getting.

They've announced the poster after the balance window closed as recently as 2015. And we've only had 3 festivals since then.

I think it’s funny that people find it really concerning that getting a line up “too early” is a bad thing.  Nothing wrong with having almost 4 months to take it all in instead of 2 1/2 which used to be the average. Did anyone say one bad thing about Primavera announcing 99% of their line up a year in advance? That is just a testament as to how hard they worked to get it all lined up so they could make it worth it after everything that has happened.

I think it’s funny that people find it really concerning that getting a line up “too early” is a bad thing.  Nothing wrong with having almost 4 months to take it all in instead of 2 1/2 which used to be the average. Did anyone say one bad thing about Primavera announcing 99% of their line up a year in advance? That is just a testament as to how hard they worked to get it all lined up so they could make it worth it after everything that has happened.

Personally I like the drip feed. It all builds the excitement gradually, and keeps giving me new bits to get excited about.

Is anyone actually saying that it'd be a bad thing?

Admittedly I don't do Facebook/Twitter so it could well be common there for all I know, but I've not seen anyone express that on here.

We will definitely get at least a few names before balance window in my opinion, as the email we got today basically is preparing people for quite a hike in ticket prices:

“an increase is anticipated on the 2020 ticket price, as a result of inflation and the impact of two forced cancellations.”

To help soften the blow of the hike in ticket prices and given it will have been way over 2 years since everyone booked their tickets, there will need to be some sort of lineup announcement to justify the ticket price. 

34 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Probably Billie and Diana confirmed as they’re open secrets anyway.

Just based on a few rouge examples I’m sure the glasto thingy can rectify @Gnomicidebut I swear down the obvious ones (that we have as TBC) tend to be the ones that come with the poster! I believe Macca came before Kendrick and Taylor - when we were more certain on the other two! I remember being quite surprised when Macca was announced.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

I love that period where we get the smaller stages posters. Would actually prefer it was done that way throughout leading up to the pyramid.  Gives them all their own moment too

I’d agree, they tend to have more surprises too so they’re fun to get. I tend to immediately check out some of the acts I’ve never heard of before, and always discover something interesting.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Still think we’ll get a name or two before Christmas.

I think we could get a name next week with all the action happening already. 

2 hours ago, morph100 said:

One name a day from today to when the gates open would be best 🙂

This isnt mad cool where there are gimmicks  and word searches. I think they could easily announce one name a month til March. 5 names would suffice between now and then. We’ll get plenty more possibilities from tour dates in the meantime.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Still think we’ll get a name or two before Christmas.

Is Billie that much of an open secret? Other than the dates gap, Neil's rumour and Michael asking about her on the farm I dont think there is much else at the moment is there?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's very likely, but nowhere near an open secret on the level of Di Roz or when Macca forced the fest to announce him for 2020....

19 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Is Billie that much of an open secret? Other than the dates gap, Neil's rumour and Michael asking about her on the farm I dont think there is much else at the moment is there?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's very likely, but nowhere near an open secret on the level of Di Roz or when Macca forced the fest to announce him for 2020....

image.thumb.png.61fa4eadacabb4ed0e0aa5e132760ab2.png

there was this from the other day. I know Emily has interacted with other headliners on Instagram in the past. 

Edited by dotdash79
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

image.thumb.png.61fa4eadacabb4ed0e0aa5e132760ab2.png

there was this from the other day. I know Emily has interacted with other headliners on Instagram in the past. 

Again, not sure if Emily liking posts is watertight enough to claim that Billie being booked is an open secret... Of course she is going to like posts from the people she follows, she has probably liked stuff from Dua Lipa and Coldplay recently too but I doubt that is going to be our combo of 3 headliners.

I know she also liked Jessie Ware's post the other day too, but tbh if thats what it takes to get What Your Pleasure on to the pointy one, I'll take it!