LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 hour ago, stt11 said:

Emily can just go to hell, where I‘m concerned. Her festival is a joke and so is she!!

I don't want to but in but I hope you're ok? I would recommend taking some time off the forum site and enjoy some of natures beauty if you can I find it the best way to relax (that or running). 

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

At the moment you have the option of showing negative test results 

A negative test that you can just lie about as it’s all based on trust. The new thing will be showing your barcoded vaccine ‘passport’ and so not something you can just blag, although whether it’s gonna be something venues rigorously check is another thing entirely, and I’m sure there will be passports being sold on some kind of black market in no time (if there aren’t already).

On 9/2/2021 at 8:37 PM, The Clearest Blue said:

If it helps give some hope to the ticketless, we were a group of 16 going to Glastonbury 2020, we are now down to 10.

That’s interesting, I know of 18 people who have paid the deposit, though not part of any group.  Been monitoring them from afar (nothing creepy, just doing it on behalf of those ticketless e festers). Twelve including ourselves are definitely going, fully committed, four arnt going due to various circumstances but only two have asked for deposits back, think that’s due to them also needing the cash back for Sticklinch camping. The other two reckon they won’t go, not a happy couple. So the real possibility of six back in the pot. 

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Your posts today have been a little... off-kilter. I don't think Emily Eavis is deliberately interfering with your volunteering or academic career, and this ^ post teeters on the cliff edge of reason/decorum.

With kindness, I think it might be worth spending your Sunday away from the forum. Log off, and go enjoy the day.

I kinda dig the idea that Emily personally vets every volunteer, takes up the references herself and engages in petty disputes with people she doesn’t know.

It’s basically what we do on here.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

A negative test that you can just lie about as it’s all based on trust. The new thing will be showing your barcoded vaccine ‘passport’ and so not something you can just blag, although whether it’s gonna be something venues rigorously check is another thing entirely, and I’m sure there will be passports being sold on some kind of black market in no time (if there aren’t already).

There will still be some people who try to fake the vaccine status. We’ve had a decent amount of that happen over here in the u.s already. Its a matter of the system working correctly in 9 months

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

A screenshot on your phone isnt going to be that hard to doctor should you be that way inclined.  Are the people checking them really going to watch you log into the app?.. no chance.

I am in favour of proof of vaccination and the subsequent checks but its going to be a piece of piss to get around should you want to.

Edited by Stretlow

It’ll still be tricky because the vaccine doesn’t eliminate transmission, so large gatherings will still be super spreader events until we all inevitably catch it at some point. There will still be more vulnerable groups, so do I attend Glastonbury as a person in my 40’s and return to my parent’s place with them turning 72 next year? We’re all double jabbed already (and presumably they’ll have had boosters) but there will still be an increased risk of catching and spreading Covid by attending Glastonbury. So I’m not sure what my post-festival strategy should be. 

36 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

A screenshot on your phone isnt going to be that hard to doctor should you be that way inclined.  Are the people checking them really going to watch you log into the app?.. no chance.

I am in favour of proof of vaccination and the subsequent checks but its going to be a piece of piss to get around should you want to.

Not unless its a rotating barcode which is becoming more the norm for things. You cant fake that when it gets scanned. Thats the biggest part of all this, not using human eyeballs to check validity but technology.

9 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Not unless its a rotating barcode which is becoming more the norm for things. You cant fake that when it gets scanned. Thats the biggest part of all this, not using human eyeballs to check validity but technology.

I've just been abroad and had nothing scanned, i'll stick my neck out and say that theres very little chance of putting a scanning process in place. The red tape around access to government databases will see to that.

The whole passport thing is to scare the idiots who wont get it to get it imo, and rightly so.  But the actual logistics of checking 200 thousand + people is just not going to happen.

Edited by Stretlow

On 9/3/2021 at 10:18 AM, sadimmock said:

I have already written off any chance of getting tickets for 22. I also think that 23 is going to be absolute carnage with all of the pent up demand.

We will probably try but I think that I will have back-up plans ready. Either way it will be different for us (knowing that it will be ages before we have a chance to get tickets has caused big chunks of our group to loose interest).

Anyway getting back on topic. I think good rumours and self-confirmations will start in Nov ahead of Elton being confirmed in Dec and Billie in Feb. 

I'm going to get an Elton standing ticket for BST on the basis to sell it face value if I get a Glastonbury one.

1 hour ago, a6l6e6x said:

I think we'll get a headliner this side of Xmas and I would like it to be elton 

Part of me is worried that they'll wait until after Christmas before giving us anything.

Possibly just wait to see what the covid landscape is like?

I know we were in a different position last year in regards to vaccines etc. but there wasn't anything lineup wise confirmed pre cancellation...

I'll bite a hand off for something soon though!

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So we have until 1st March as the maximum we have to wait? Seems soon to me!

If they had the majority of acts just return then it wasnt going to be that difficult to fill out the rest of the first poster? There were 96 acts on the 2020 poster so lets say 65 of them returned, how difficult is it to book the other 30 outside of one or two headliners?

39 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

If they had the majority of acts just return then it wasnt going to be that difficult to fill out the rest of the first poster? There were 96 acts on the 2020 poster so lets say 65 of them returned, how difficult is it to book the other 30 outside of one or two headliners?

I strongly believe the lineup will be mostly in place now and all three headliners signed. I imagine stuff will slowly trickle out, and if bets were being allowed I reckon we’d know by now.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Is that actually stated anywhere?

I'm not sure it's a safe assumption if it's based just on the deposit window.

Do you think they’d not announce anything before the balance window? Past few festivals we’ve had substantial announcements before it?

I would think this year more than ever they are probably in a good position for an announcement before the balance window.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Do you think they’d not announce anything before the balance window? Past few festivals we’ve had substantial announcements before it?

I would think this year more than ever they are probably in a good position for an announcement before the balance window.

I'm sure we'll get something by then - DiRo, a Pyramid headliner and maybe all 3 of them, possibly a handful of names from other stages - but I'm far less confident of something approximating the full poster. It wouldn't shock me if they did for example a 10-15 name first poster rather than the 60+ we're used to.

It's not just about having the acts booked - it's also about the acts being happy to be announced at that point which gets into the usual stuff about contracts with other festivals, selling their own gigs, etc.