LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Considering we’ve still got at least Holts and Block 9 to come of the smaller posters, surely the dream of getting the full thing tomorrow is pretty much dead in the water right now? Gotta be next week imo, or at the earliest the end of this week. 

You'd think so. 

As much as I want the full line up, getting WH and Block 9 this week would be enough to keep me going. 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Considering we’ve still got at least Holts and Block 9 to come of the smaller posters, surely the dream of getting the full thing tomorrow is pretty much dead in the water right now? Gotta be next week imo, or at the earliest the end of this week. 

Yep I agree, I reckon we're getting West Holts tomorrow, Cinarmageddon Wednesday, Pilton Palais Thursday and Block9 Friday, then we're getting a big gap in announcements until the full thing on Wednesday next week. 4 announcements this week is enough to keep me going!

20 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Very unusual when WH doesnt have a headliner that I'm desperate to see. I think it is the lack of old school US artists to blame there or even a dearth of US artists full stop. 

There's several acts that were booked for 2020 that aren't back on the line up which is a shame, Isley Brothers and Thom Yorke for example 😞

Just now, KidneyTerra said:

What’s the evidence pointing towards a full line up release tomorrow?  

And, when did Emily mention a June release?

looking back over the last few years, the average release date is one of the first few days in June.

My money is on Wednesday 1st June.

Neil (guy who runs this site) heard the 24th from a source of his, although everything else is pointing towards June so probably just a bit of duff info on his end.

1 minute ago, KidneyTerra said:

What’s the evidence pointing towards a full line up release tomorrow?  

And, when did Emily mention a June release?

looking back over the last few years, the average release date is one of the first few days in June.

My money is on Wednesday 1st June.

It is based on Neil's info.

Everything is pointing towards next week now and the 1st June fits with Emily's comments. We know from info that WH and Block 9 are getting their own drops and being realistic neither of those are going to be after the full lineup. Pilton Palais are more than likely to still get a pre full lineup drop with a distinct possibility that Cineramageddon will also be getting an announcement on Weds to coincide with when their bookings will open.

So 4 announcements effectively to go, 3 this week, 1 on Monday
West Holts - Today
Cineramageddon - Weds
Block 9 - Fri

Pilton Palais - Monday
Full Lineup - Weds

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Well..

Yep, I know they do some (new tour starts on the 1st June so we'll have an idea then) but it's when they're playing their own stuff there may be a lot of chat. Having said that, it wasn't like that in 2014.

2 hours ago, danssol said:

Pilton Palais announcement at 1700 with the new Thor film. Which would mean the little one would want to go. Haven't watched a film since 24 hour party people in 2002 on the open air screen

I’d be surprised if the new Thor film is shown considering it’s not out until the 8th July - I know Disney occasionally supply family films weekend or so before their release but can’t imagine them doing it for a big Marvel movie 

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm not surprised. It would have been quite something to have two, proper dance acts headline WH out of the three. 

Ben

cant remember who the three are, i wAS TOILD THNEM: INCLUDED LITTLE SIMZ AND NIGHTMARES ON WAX, i don't remember the 3rd.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

cant remember who the three are, i wAS TOILD THNEM: INCLUDED LITTLE SIMZ AND NIGHTMARES ON WAX, i don't remember the 3rd.

You still thinking tomorrow's likely for the full lineup, with no West Holts or Block9 announcement out?

1 hour ago, Cream Soda said:

Might be Bonobo?

1 hour ago, markussnoopy said:

second this. It's got to be Bonobo.

I reckon he’ll be Bicep’s sub.