LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

Just now, George1399 said:

That just sounds like "This doesn't bother me so you're all crazy for letting it bother you".

I'm on a festival forum of course not knowing isn't going to make a difference to me. But it's the hundreds of thousands of people that aren't on here that must just be feeling fairly mugged off if we don't hear anything before the end of the balance window.

'Give me more of your money trust me it's a great deal' doesn't work on many people

I just made the same point above, but I know plenty of people going who don't use efests etc and not one has mentioned the lack of line up and its a mix of regulars and newbies nor has anyone said they are 'mugged off' 

I think people are overblowing that others elsewhere need a line up announcement unless everyone I know is as relaxed about it as I am!

32 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Why are people screaming for a poster that will only confirm what they pretty much know anyway.

People need to chill their boots a bit, and if paying £280 for a festival with no line up bothers you so much, don't pay the balance and go to something else you already know the line up for.

Really fits with the Glastonbury ethos doesnt it.....

This whole conversation is unbelievably efestivals - the balance window has barely been open 24 hours.

I want some names so much, but also in some way hope not just to help resalers.

26 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

This is it for me, I’m personally not bothered about paying without the lineup (although I fully get why some people might be) I just think it’s slightly odd that after two forced cancellations there isn’t more fanfare about it actually happening. 

I was pretty surprised there wasnt more made of it.

Even the "dont forget you can pay" email was at about 1pm. It seemed a little hesitant. 

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I was pretty surprised there wasnt more made of it.

Even the "dont forget you can pay" email was at about 1pm. It seemed a little hesitant. 

Conspiracy theory - they accidentally oversold the festival in October 2019, and they actually need to discourage people from paying.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, gfa said:

This whole conversation is unbelievably efestivals - the balance window has barely been open 24 hours.

I want some names so much, but also in some way hope not just to help resalers.

This place is definitely at its best when people are making the same two points back and forth for 17 pages

16 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

This place is definitely at its best when people are making the same two points back and forth for 17 pages

hahahaha good point well made. 

I personally just thought, like the past few years, that the balance window would act as a sort of deadline and we'd get something before that so I was feeling that hype. Now that's passed I'm kind of resigned to it being whenever it happens and that's fine. 

Hash tag no pattern etc.

Edited by 1986

52 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Sod the lineup, when are they going to turn the webcam on so I can see the site taking shape!

Or is that the plan, turn it on and the poster is drawn on the Pyramid field?!! 

I can’t believe they haven’t made an announcement on the webcam. We are all waiting

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I personally just thought, like the past few years, that the balance window would act as a sort of deadline and we'd get something before that so I was feeling that hype. Now that's passed I'm kind of resigned to it being whenever it happens and that's fine. 

Hash tag no pattern etc.

Yeah feeling similar. I’m paid up now. Locked in. Just switch on the webcam and drop the poster whenever. 

People seem to be getting very angry about the lack of poster for some reason even though this would be very early to get in, you don’t have to pay the balance if you don’t want to. Also to add what was said earlier none of my mates are on this forum and all 5 happily just paid yesterday with no mention of the line up (although we did discuss how rank the Latitude one is!)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think after holding on to about £7m of customers money for 2.5 years, two forced cancellations and apparently millions of pounds lost as a result, a price increase plus an extra £3m gained in VAT compared to previous years, plus a £10 admin fee it’s not entirely unreasonable for A) people to want to know a little bit more about what they’re paying for and B) to expect the festival to be actively looking to promote what people are paying for a little bit more, or at least as much as they possibly can.

That's a good point. I wonder if it'll ever have an impact on the festivals reputation. If they don't pull it out with the lineup that could put people off, which will help with tickets in the future!

So many high horses being sat on... 'I am happy to pay but PEOPLE wont be'. 

Forgot everyone outside of this forum doesn't like music, Glastonbury or having fun. They're all poor and ignorant just give their tickets back each year when the Oasis reunion isn't named as headlining....

(Everyone I know who goes and doesn't come on this forum has paid happily and hasn't mentioned a thing FWIW)

• Like 1