Hurt/Heal 2021 - Ultimate Headliners Edition!

Hugh Jass

Not going to lie, I am shocked that REM have lasted this long.  I've got fond memories as them being my first Glastonbury headliner and the favourite artist of my teenage years, but did they really deliver one of the best headline sets of all time?  I'm not so sure.

May I present this thread with: The Battle of Radiohead.

This chart doesn't represent end-of-day totals like the last one. In order to visualise the battle as it happened, blow-by-blow, I've compiled all 509 votes cast individually between the point Blur were eliminated until the blessed moment Radiohead lost.

Watch it all unfold in glorious technicolour here: https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/5842578/

I feel duty duty bound to add that in the process of compiling this, I did spot what appears to be an error that was never corrected.

On page 139 (March 23rd), @Tranquility of Solitude gave 5 to Radiohead and took 5 from Stevie Wonder. @stuartbert two hatsmissed it and later corrected his post accordingly, but not before @Watergirl had already posted two hats’ unamended post, and those totals got carried on from there.

@Supernintendo Chalmers inexplicably corrected Stevie Wonder’s score without comment (possibly a mistake which was inadvertently an accurate correction) on page 142 (March 24th), but Radiohead’s score was never corrected.

As a result, Radiohead should have been on 5 more points than they were. My graph accounts for that, but means that technically, Radiohead were eliminated when they still had 5 points left.

I'm happy to be corrected.

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

This chart doesn't represent end-of-day totals like the last one. In order to visualise the battle as it happened, blow-by-blow, I've compiled all 509 votes cast individually between the point Blur were eliminated until the blessed moment Radiohead lost.

Watch it all unfold in glorious technicolour here: https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/5842578/

I feel duty duty bound to add that in the process of compiling this, I did spot what appears to be an error that was never corrected.

On page 139 (March 23rd), @Tranquility of Solitude gave 5 to Radiohead and took 5 from Stevie Wonder. @stuartbert two hatsmissed it and later corrected his post accordingly, but not before @Watergirl had already posted two hats’ unamended post, and those totals got carried on from there.

@Supernintendo Chalmers inexplicably corrected Stevie Wonder’s score without comment (possibly a mistake which was inadvertently an accurate correction) on page 142 (March 24th), but Radiohead’s score was never corrected.

As a result, Radiohead should have been on 5 more points than they were. My graph accounts for that, but means that technically, Radiohead were eliminated when they still had 5 points left.

This somehow makes it all the sweeter. Like scoring off a corner that should have been a goal kick.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Is it sad that I found watching the graph more interesting than most things on TV these days.  I was sitting there happily smiling to myself....

15 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I demand a recount

40 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Hang on, hang on.  This means Radiohead are still in the game then?

41 minutes ago, kalifire said:

So what you're saying, is that stu got Radiohead eliminated?

Fair enough.