Hurt/Heal 2021 - Ultimate Headliners Edition!

Hugh Jass

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

With a little bit of careful voting we could probably get the scores to represent the years which each had their best album, I reckon.

REM’s best album was definitely REVEAL, but maybe we should change the score to reflect the year it was recorded rather than released? 

50 minutes ago, Spindles said:

By my reckoning you need to get The Cure to 89, REM to 85 and Bowie to 72, but my mind ch..ch..changes on that last one every minute or so.

This could be a whole new Hurt/Heal thread but I'd go with Bowie at 71 (no apologies for being old but I remember championing this when it first came out but, ridiculously, it didn't chart until after the success of 72), otherwise take him down to 16 although I have a fondness for 02.

I would take REM to 83, tremendous first album. Otherwise 92 just pips 91 although if we were voting on one side only then side one of 87 walks it.

And (dons tin hat and runs for cover) I've never enjoyed a Cure album. 

52 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

REM’s best album was definitely REVEAL, but maybe we should change the score to reflect the year it was recorded rather than released? 

My eyebrows just went through my hairline and down the back of my head.

Reveal their best album, really?

4 hours ago, Quark said:

My eyebrows just went through my hairline and down the back of my head.

Reveal their best album, really?

No, but it was released in 2001 so if we get their score to the year it was recorded it will be 00.

Edited by blutarsky