Hurt/Heal 2021 - Ultimate Headliners Edition!

Hugh Jass

As a side from this I no longer have a horse to back in this race.  I was going to be all contrary and side against those that I feel have wronged me but then I had the following conversation with my eight year old daughter:

Me: Right, time to punish those who voted against Radiohead!

Daughter: But Dad, did not @Ted Dansons Wig give 10 points to Stevie Wonder and @kalifire put up a passionate plea to right the wrong of Adele's exit whilst later on producing a spreadsheet that made you weep with joy.

Me: Well yes; so I'll leave them.  But there's always @vintagelaureate who finished them off.

Daughter: Was that not the person who helped you get All points east tickets, and sets up the virtual meets that you frequent.  Wasn't it better him, than a stranger who put them out of their misery.

Me: Ok, fine.  Then I'll just downvote the Cure.

Daughter: But Dad, @March Hare upvotes them and did he not show you the ultimate respect by withdrawing his barrage of minus ten's against almighty Thom?

Me: So that leaves downvoting Bowie.

Daughter: Don't be fucking ridiculous, just downvote R.E.M

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

As a side from this I no longer have a horse to back in this race.  I was going to be all contrary and side against those that I feel have wronged me but then I had the following conversation with my eight year old daughter:

Daughter: But Dad, did not @Ted Dansons Wig give 10 points to Stevie Wonder and @kalifire put up a passionate plea to right the wrong of Adele's exit whilst later on producing a spreadsheet that made you weep with joy.

Me: Well yes; so I'll leave them.  But there's always @vintagelaureate who finished them off.

Daughter: Was that not the person who helped you get All points east tickets, and sets up the virtual meets that you frequent.  Wasn't it better him, than a stranger who put them out of their misery.

Daughter: But Dad, @March Hare upvotes them and did he not show you the ultimate respect by withdrawing his barrage of minus ten's against almighty Thom?

Wise beyond her years.

Wrong, obviously, but wise.

35 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

She’s not a chicken by any chance is she?

38 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

I just cant bring myself to upvote this ... maybe after a period of reflection I might 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Hurt/heal is going back in its box for another year after this one.

Another thing I noticed when going back through the thread is how increasingly impatient I became towards people making mistakes as it went on.

Whilst I think a break is a good idea waiting for the proper 2022 one seems a long way off. I think we'd all enjoy doing Subs or Other Headliners and if you're fed up with being "in charge" I'm sure someone else will happily take over as hall monitor.

3 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Whilst I think a break is a good idea waiting for the proper 2022 one seems a long way off. I think we'd all enjoy doing Subs or Other Headliners and if you're fed up with being "in charge" I'm sure someone else will happily take over as hall monitor.

Yeah I’m happy to hand over the prefect’s sash and badge if someone else wants it.