Hurt/Heal 2021 - Ultimate Headliners Edition!

Hugh Jass

7 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Now we have our top 3, it'd be interesting to hear everyone's initial predictions? I had The Stones, Blur and Bowie.

I didn't really think about it at the time, but if that had been the top 3 I wouldn't have been surprised.

I was wanting the Who, the Levellers, Bruce Springsteen and Metallica to do well. I knew there was no love towards the Who by most  on here, but really thought the Levellers and Springsteen would have found more support.

24 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Despite not playing I thought Taylor would be top 3. She got eliminated very early, too. I think Bowie was fairly obvious. Radiohead were my 3rd guess as they have a huge following on here.

I would say Radiohead were quite unpopular here compared to the wider music world. They regularly win best album of last 20/30 years/most important artist/album polls in all sorts of publications and lists. Certainly more than R.E.M. (?!)

For the record, about halfway through I thought it would be

Bowie

Radiohead

Blur - surprised they were dispensed with, without much fight.

So not too far off.

7 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

I would say Radiohead were quite unpopular here compared to the wider music world. They regularly win best album of last 20/30 years/most important artist/album polls in all sorts of publications and lists. Certainly more than R.E.M. (?!)

I'd say Radiohead are pretty popular on here, it's just that those who don't like them also feel strongly. If there were no negative points to be handed out and it was just a race to 1000 then Radiohead might win.

8 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I'd say Radiohead are pretty popular on here, it's just that those who don't like them also feel strongly. If there were no negative points to be handed out and it was just a race to 1000 then Radiohead might win.

That’s a good point. I never understand why Radiohead have so many haters, I can’t think of a band who have so many diverse songs crossing so many musical styles and sounds - if you’re a music fan there must be something in their back catalogue that you enjoy, surely?!  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, st dan said:

That’s a good point. I never understand why Radiohead have so many haters

Not sure there are that many haters on here - just lots voting them down for fun

38 minutes ago, st dan said:

if you’re a music fan there must be something in their back catalogue that you enjoy, surely?!  

Agree with this - I'm not a massive fan, but there is loads of their back catalogue that I really like, but I didn't use any of my points on them either way.

6 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Not sure there are that many haters on here - just lots voting them down for fun

Agree with this - I'm not a massive fan, but there is loads of their back catalogue that I really like, but I didn't use any of my points on them either way.

Radiohead fans are incredibly pompous too. And knowing it doesn't stop us.

11 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

A fantastic tournament overall, hats off @Hugh Jassfor 2 months of lockdown-busting entertainment.

The co-ordinated attempts to off/revive The Killers and Radiohead were incredible. That gif of a Simpsons zombie hand breaking out from the grave as one of them swooped within 10 points of death before rebounding is still making me laugh.

The Killers making the top ten has been my undisputed highlight of the whole thing.

Really hard to call the winner at the minute - it is very delicately poised, but I do think this could be all over this weekend.

The bigger question is what we are all going to do when it is over - I will miss all the midnight shenanigans and looking first thing in the morning to see who has made a move.  Simple game but so much fun - cheers @Hugh Jass

Edited by circus92

2 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Really hard to call the winner at the minute - it is very delicately poised, but I do think this could be all over this weekend.

The bigger question is what we are all going to do when it is over - I will miss all the midnight shenanigans and looking first thing in the morning to see who has made a move.  Simple game but so much fun - cheers @Hugh Jass

Made much better by not getting impatient and having minus only days.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
bored -> impatient
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, circus92 said:

So many variables on the theme could be done. Best album with a nominations thread? Could even be something non-music based, controversial perhaps...