Hurt/Heal 2021 - Ultimate Headliners Edition!

Hugh Jass

14 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

But oh so slowly for the downvoters, they thought that Thom and the boys were fatally wounded on Saturday and yet here we are on Tuesday and they're still hanging in there. The thought of the sense of frustration for the downvote fraternity every time they log on keeps me smiling all day.

Very much so. I have absolutely no issues or shame in admitting that I'm doing this purely because it's making me laugh. It's not trolling or targeting people to wind up, it's the kind of nonsense behaviour that I'm familiar with among my groups of friends, and I suspect that's the way 99% of us see it.

When Radiohead are gone I'll figure out which other mast I can nail my colours to, and so the nonsense continues.

5 minutes ago, circus92 said:

This thread has been way more amusing than it has any right to be.  The next big plotline will be interesting - given 80% of the votes everyday are going on Radiohead - where will they all go when the inevitable happens?  

I honestly think that once Radiohead go the whole thing will come tumbling down pretty quickly.

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Has anybody been taking note of which side of the Radiohead push/pull is coming out on top in all this? Or we literally at loggerheads until one side gives in and/or forgets? 😄

I assume the downvoters are winning, but we seem to be going back and forth through the same motions every day.

It's more or less stalemate, but the down vote crew have one advantage in that once they get low enough to be killable, people who don't normally down vote may sense blood and want to be responsible for a kill. 

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Got some bad news for you mate. 2016 was a shitter of a year.

2020 topped it, mind. 

5 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

2020 topped it, mind. 

The two things are clearly linked. No coincidence that everything started going to shit when Bowie died.

Working theory is that in late 2015 the LHC opened a black hole, and the death of Bowie marked the point at which realitites diverged.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

The two things are clearly linked. No coincidence that everything started going to shit when Bowie died.

Working theory is that in late 2015 the LHC opened a black hole, and the death of Bowie marked the point at which realitites diverged.

I don't think Lausanne Hockey Club is that influential. 

I do think Bowie, Prince, Leonard Cohen, Alan Rickman, Harambe and Muhammad Ali were a team of superheroes sent to earth to fight Satan though, a sort of quasi-religious class of '93. When it came to replacing them God had handed over the throne to Jesus Moyes and he went with the likes of Logan Paul. 

15 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I don't think Lausanne Hockey Club is that influential. 

I do think Bowie, Prince, Leonard Cohen, Alan Rickman, Harambe and Muhammad Ali were a team of superheroes sent to earth to fight Satan though, a sort of quasi-religious class of '93. When it came to replacing them God had handed over the throne to Jesus Moyes and he went with the likes of Logan Paul. 

Lots to unpack there.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I blame Meghan Markle.

You would.