Hurt/Heal 2021 - Ultimate Headliners Edition!

Hugh Jass

5 hours ago, Mellotr0n said:

Surprised at the level of support for The Killers - first 2 albums decent, law of diminishing returns since then IMO (much more so than Arcade Fire, who still supply 2-3 absolute bangers per album) and live it's only half of the original line up now.

Yeah and they're absolutely dire live act these days. Like I said: I hardly ever walk away on a headliner but The Killers at Rock Werchter 2018 was so insufferable I just had to. God. These guys are so kitsch and fake they make Imagine Dragons look like a down to earth and genuine group of people. I do like a bit of cheese, but modern era Killers is too much for me. And I was not alone, judging by the general opinion on that show. 

But apparently Half The Killers had a good day at Glasto so good for them. 

2 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Yeah and they're absolutely dire live act these days. Like I said: I hardly ever walk away on a headliner but The Killers at Rock Werchter 2018 was so insufferable I just had to. God. These guys are so kitsch and fake they make Imagine Dragons look like a down to earth and genuine group of people. I do like a bit of cheese, but modern era Killers is too much for me. And I was not alone, judging by the general opinion on that show. 

But apparently Half The Killers had a good day at Glasto so good for them. 

In the interest of balance, Lollaplooza Paris a few weeks after Werchter was fun. If mainly because of them on one stage and French rap act Nekfeu refusing to leave the other next to it so both were playing at the same time in a battle of the bands, but the general Killers set that followed was pretty good. Does seem like Werchter was an off show judging by what I'd heard elsewhere tbf.

I wasn't really expecting much from the hired hands with new guitarist and bassist - even though they'd been on-off replacing Stoermer for a while as he apparently hates touring - but they worked better than I thought.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Won’t pretend I’m not enjoying how angry the Killers seem to be making some folk.

It’s like March 2019 all over again.

To confirm, I couldn’t be less angry. I like The Killers.

I’m just mildly surprised they’re doing so well, is all. 

The Killers - 111 (-10)

The Cure - 134

Radiohead - 168

Arcade Fire - 55 

The Rolling Stones - 160 

Beyoncé - 120

Stevie Wonder - 176

Blur - 221 

R.E.M. - 200

David Bowie - 270 

Pulp - 109